Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Farenheit 9/11

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Nexus
    We could be a comedian duet!!! Or comedian couple. Or whatever it's called.
    Probably not such a good idea, since I've got rabies and you're suffering from a cardiac hemmorage.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

I think Hope and Crosby suffered from that as well....

Take care all.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just got back from the movie, and I thought it was pretty good myself, though I am definitely anti-Bush. And while some facts are inflated, some things are too real to ignore, such as (SPOILER)the scenes in which they show dead Iraqi citizens, children especially, being carted off by trucks while other Iraqi citizens scream at the US for causing it, or showing some of the treatment of the prisoners by the US soldiers and having some of them speak of their mindset when fighting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzakeru
    Moore did bring an interest back to documentaries and his are usually good ( although I don't like his opinion at all ).
    . . . I refuse to see this one until later on when I can rant in the comfort of my own house though cause it WILL be nothing but Bush bashing and I'm a hardcore Republican who supports Bush. -sage nod-
    SDame heerrre

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cid
    My biggest gripe with this movie is that people call it a documentary when it is clearly not so. In his movies, he twists facts and to change the movie to his advantage.
    Well Mr. Moore doesn't like it being called a documentary either. He thinks it should be an opinion piece also but Hollywood classifies it as documentary. Opinion piece would be a sub genre of documentary just like Serial Killer movies are a sub genre of Horror Movies(which might be a sub genre of action or suspense...I really don't know).

I saw this movie and it was pretty good. For all the twisting of facts in the last movie it was much harder this time around as things like new broadcasts and senete floor stuff or things with bush on camera can't really be twisted that much. Why would Bush be on camera willing for a movie that is going to make him look really stupid?

I am sure some of the things are cut short or edited to get his opinion across but it wasn't so obvious with this movie. There is a lot less of him talking and being on screen as most everything that is really bad towards Bush and his admin is what they said.

Overall I thought it was pretty funny.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There was a lot that was just generally anti-war though, some of the scenes were particularily good, if disgusting, as I pointed out in my prior post.

Just remembered this one...

I can't comment on this movie because I haven't seen it yet, but I absolutely refuse to give that pathetic excuse for a documentarian any of my money. Besides, if I saw it and spoke my mind about it here, I'd probably just get dismissed as a "rabid conservative," since that seems to be the case here with anyone holding a dissenting opinion
    If you haven't seen it how can you call it a pathetic excuse for a documentary, especially when it really isn't one? Granted, a lot of it I know you probably won't like, but dismissing something before you've seen it isn't the most admirable thing in the world.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

I'm not calling it a pathetic excuse of a documentary, I'm calling Moore a pathetic excuse for a documentarian. I refuse to give him any of my money.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Blog Entries

I'd love to see that movie but I don't think that my dad wants to waste money seeing president Bush and I don't have any friend that hates Bush!

But I'd love to see it beaxause

I hate you Bush!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I rather enjoyed it, if you hate Bush it's definitely worth your time, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    Moore, Hannity, Limbaugh, Franken, they're all blowhards. Ask any of them a question and they'll seize the opportunity to prove their superior intelligence over the masses and also give in a dig against the other side. Frankly, we could do without all of them, since neither accomplishes anything besides getting people angry and screwing up progress if you ask me. The only way America is going to get through this situation in Iraq is IF we unite. Our defining power is our stubborness, our desire to not give up. However, if every Republican and Democrat only wants to yell at one another, we're going nowhere fast.
    Absolutely right. Well said, my friend.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Michael Moore does, indeed, use facts. It's the way the facts are presented that leaves the viewer with the wrong impression. That makes him dangerous.

This is a perfect example of his technique:

Would you put this player on your team?

These are statistics I pulled off of MLB.com.

This player has been in Major League Baseball since 1988. He is such a miserable failure that he has played on five different teams. Part of the reason he has bounced around so much is the fact he fails to get on base 86.9% of the time. He strikes out almost 50% of the time he steps to the plate. He has NEVER stolen a base. In sixteen years of playing professional baseball, he has hit one, and only one, homerun and a pawdry 32 RBI's.

Why do we pay to see this guy play?!

Anyone pick up on my point? Bonus points if you can tell me the player.

Quote Originally Posted by muchacho
    he is canadian, not american. He makes no effort to support anything america does nor does he invest any sort of patriotism in his films.
    http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/

first of all, he is from flint michigan. now i may be going out on a limb here, but i was under the impression that michigan was part of america... i could be wrong though. and as for him not being a patriot, i see no problem with that. i dont see any value in patriotism whatsoever. patriotism and nationalism dont do anything but inspire hatred, and i say we could do without them.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Just because he doesnt blindly support the government doesnt make him unpatriotic. He may love this country very deeply. Of course, this is currently the way to decredit and demoralize people on the other side, to brand them as unpatriotic. How lame. Even if he is unpatriotic, who cares?

And XviviX, you explained that very well. Lots of people do that, and Moore is one of them. The facts are there, they're just presented in his way, just as any conservative would do.