Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farenheit 9/11

Default Farenheit 9/11

hey, who is going to see farenheit 9/11 tommorow?
    and when it is tommorow, discuss the movie if you have seen it.

I doubt I can see it tomorrow due to lack of money, but I would like to see it nonetheless.
    lol signature

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can't see it tomorrow because it more than likely won't be in our town for at least another month, but I want to see it.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While I admire Michael Moore quite a bit, and especially loved Bowling for Columbine, I get the feeling that Fahrenheit 9/11 will basically be a 2 hour personal assult on Bush rather than anything truly insightful and thought-provoking. I already know Bush is an idiot, and I'm not sure I really want to spend 9 bucks to watch Anti-bush propaganda.

I'll probably just netflix it when it comes out on DVD.

More or less what Miriel wrote, though I may get around to seeing it while it is still in theaters.

Above all else, I'm grateful to Mike Moore because he's made the common person interested in documentaries again, which is a shame because there have been so many of them recently that have been brushed aside. Hopefully, more people will want to see documentaries, not because they will be anything like Moore's work, but because it could pique their interests.

Take care all.

Moore did bring an interest back to documentaries and his are usually good ( although I don't like his opinion at all ).
    . . . I refuse to see this one until later on when I can rant in the comfort of my own house though cause it WILL be nothing but Bush bashing and I'm a hardcore Republican who supports Bush. -sage nod-
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd watch it just because I like Bush bashing, but I hear this one is pretty heavy handed and you pretty much already know going into it whether you'll like it or hate it. It's made for the half of the population that hates Bush already, it seems.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I'll be going to see it at 11am my time, so I'll come back and tell everyone what I thought. I'm very eager to see it.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think Michael Moore is a big fat jerk >=O

Emphasis on "big" and "fat."

I don't like Bush or the war, but he brings new meaning to the word "exploitation."

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    I think Michael Moore is a big fat jerk >=O

Emphasis on "big" and "fat."

he brings new meaning to the word "exploitation."
    i dont think i could have said it better my self. *stands and applauds*
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

LKooks interesting, but I think documentaries are rental material, and not anything to go to the theatre over.

Gotta give the guy credit for risking his reputation to speak his mind, though. Not many people have that kind of courage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Graves
    LKooks interesting, but I think documentaries are rental material, and not anything to go to the theatre over.

Gotta give the guy credit for risking his reputation to speak his mind, though. Not many people have that kind of courage.
    WHAT REPUTATION???? even if he did have one he wouldnt need to risk it cause it sucks as it is.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

I'll probably wait til it comes out on video, hopefully it's as funny as Stupid White Men and his TV show.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Well, I just got back from seeing it.

It was an important, powerful peice. Say what you want about Moore, but he does a good job at exposing lies and bringing them to the common people. He's also pretty darn funny. A lot of the movie was aimed directly at Bush (I learned some very interesting things) but a lot was also directed just to the soldiers in Iraq. Both sides of the soldiers were shown, as well as the Iraqi civilians, and pre-war Baghdad (which I never knew was so beautiful). There's some very graphic scenes there. He also shows this woman a few times.. the mother of a soldier, and how her opinions change on the war, especially after she loses her son.

I do recommend everyone see this, if everyone can put aside their prejudices of Moore. It's a very good film, and if nothing else, you may learn something.

And by the way, it doesnt make you look very mature, Muchacho, if you go around insulting something trivial like the man's weight. If you dont like him, fine, but dont insult his size.

He makes Farenheit 9/11 like he honestly cares but it's just an excuse to bash Bush. He doesn't give a damn about any of the American people . . . why do you ask? Perhaps because we are the dumbest people on the planet . . .
    “They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet ... in thrall to conniving, thieving, smug pricks. We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don’t know about anything that’s happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing.” - Michael Moore - Source

Michael Moore isn't smart and he SURE as hell isn't funny. In his "comedy act" at a London club he babbles about the heroes on Flight 93 ( Jeremy Glick, Edward Felt, Mark Bingham, Todd Beamer, and the other passengers. These are the people who took down the hijackers and possibly saved the Capital or the White House. Nonetheless, here's his response about them . . . which I find highly racist. Not only that but he has been quoted this 'Funny line' many times.
    "the passengers were scaredy-cats because they were mostly white. If the passengers had included black men, he claimed, those killers, with their puny bodies and unimpressive small knives, would have been crushed by the dudes." - Michael Moore - Source

. . . this man is a bastard and I hate him.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-