Thread: France out!

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Default France out!

i cant believe this! France have been my pick 2 win the tournment since qualifying started. and although they have been mediocre up 2 now, i still expected them 2 turn it on when it got really serious.

but today France were shocking. as bad as AC milan in there 4-0 thrasing earlier this year. Greece defended well and looked comfortable. France were humbled!

who do i support now? England were my national choice. France were my picks 2 win it! i guess i,ll have 2 go 4 Czech Republic now with Portugul as second favs. then again, its wide open, Could Greece even do it?

the game sucked but what a result 4 Greece.
    Last edited by aeris2001x2; 06-25-2004 at 09:49 PM.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

well we are on semi-finals now!nobody here in greece cannot believe this.we are all excited!i mean we won france!unbelievable now your turn denmark or czech.republic.

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

congratulations. it was a sterling performance!
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

to tell the truth this was one of our best game.zagorakis was perfect,charisteas too.all the country will be celebrating until daylight.it is a great achievement for us that we made it on the "4".

Member of the KH Trinity

it will be a tough match against Czech Republic i think (i cant see Denmark winning) and try not 2 take the lead because they have beaten Latvia and Holland after coming from behind and there reserves did the same against Germany. maybe u can take the lead and defend so well again as today?

i totally agree with you.i believe that czech republic or holland will win the european cup.but we have nothing to lose.i mean we were totally outsider today we played freely and... greece-france 1-0!i hope that our team will play as good as today.and if we win czech republic(i cannot see denmark winning too)i do not know what are we going to do here.maybe the goverment will give us free internet or money.if you'll see us in the news you're gonna say"are they crazy,how do they act like this?"but this happens one in a million years!

Member of the KH Trinity

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha we kicked some French butt tonight

Beatrix ta leme ston teliko axaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa
    But for a certainty back then
    We loved so many,yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...
    Yet even then we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Don't get too carried away ok! The Greeks may have won tonight with a good defensive performance but they were awful against the Russians. Another performance like that will see the Danes or the Czechs humiliate them.

The last few weeks has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons in the footballing sense and the footballing world is starting to see what an unpredictable game football is. From the second game of group D I have said the Czechs would win the tournament (albeit secretly believing England would) but their quarter final will be a tough one even though they are favourites. The Czechs are yet to show indifferent form and that would suggest that there is no team in the tournament that can beat them at this moment in time. I believe they will beat the Danes by one goal. Then they will face the Greeks whom I don't think are good enough to progress further than the last 4, getting out of the group stages was slightly fortunate on goal difference. I hope the Czech Republic win because they have played marvellous football, scored sensational goals and provided unrivalled mutual entertainment.

Czech Republic is the best team there (and I believe they will be champions), but I guess they will have a hard time against Denmark. It'll be the best game so far.

And Im surprised that France lost to Greece, though France is not playing well for a while.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

i prefer denmark for us to the semi-finals.i believe that will be easier opponents than the czechs.that pavel nedved is really very good player and milan baros too.i guess we are all waiting for the derby between denmark-czech republic.and i agree with you doc sark we were awful against the russians.hope it won't be repeated again.p.s.HIK248 elpizo na ftasoume sto teliko kai na to paroume ligo xlomo bebea alla pote den xeris!exoume dagosi idi sidera.ta pexane oi galloi ides tis fatses tous?

Member of the KH Trinity

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'd like Portugal to win, as they've impressed me greatly thus far.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Did you watch them against Greece?

One bad performance doesn't necessarily mean they're a poor side. The Czechs weren't exactly fantastic against Latvia, but in their subseqeunt games they've shown themselves to be the team of the tournament. Still, I see what you're saying. Portugal haven't impressed me, either. Their home advantage will be a plus, but their play will let them down in the end.

On a sidenote, I was in France for both games. The French noticed our English coach after the Portugal game, and taunted us with singing and horn-honking throughout the night. After the Greece game, we drove around Lille, flying a hastily-made Greek flag, and asking passers-by if they fancied a Kebab. Good times.
    Last edited by Cz; 06-26-2004 at 08:40 PM.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Super. I find that highly amusing, its so easy to be arrogant and French when your team is still in the tournament, it's not so funny when you are beaten by a much smaller team.....again.....HAHA!!!