Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man'

I have to agree with the point made that this movie is not going to affect MANY people's votes at all. The Republicans ( most of them anyway ) will continue to support Bush no matter what and hate Moore and the Democrats ( mostly ) will idolize Moore and hate Bush. -shrugs- It won't change much.
    My feelings toward Moore and Bush aside - I just can't wait to see the perverbial crap hit the fan when these two medias come out against Moore and his retaliation towards them both ( as he has said he will ). I'll find it amusing to be honest regardless of what side I'm on.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I have to agree with the point made that this movie is not going to affect MANY people's votes at all. The Republicans ( most of them anyway ) will continue to support Bush no matter what and hate Moore and the Democrats ( mostly ) will idolize Moore and hate Bush. -shrugs- It won't change much.
    My feelings toward Moore and Bush aside - I just can't wait to see the perverbial crap hit the fan when these two medias come out against Moore and his retaliation towards them both ( as he has said he will ). I'll find it amusing to be honest regardless of what side I'm on.
    Do you have any idea how much of a hypocrite and a moron you made yourself look like with that statement?

Personally, I respect Moore for the fact that hes actually talking about the stuff no one else is bothering to talk about. namely, that joke for a presidential administration we have. I really enjoyed the film 'Bowling for Columbine', and it had alot of good points in it, and I agree with alot of what Moore says...hell, most of what he says.

And btw if you watch his interview on the Bowling for Columbine DVD you'll see that hes just as 'anti democrat' as he is 'anti republican'.

And still I don't get wtf this whole tradition of labeling yourself mindlessly under a political nametag is, and then you have to hate and bash the 'opposing' label.

So basically it all boils down to the stupidity that makes this country such a f**ked up place to live - 'you have opinions that oppose mine so I hate you'...

Ah well...guess the best thing to do to these matters is just laugh and forget about it.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well said DevilMayKickAss. Very well said indeed.

From the initial read of that essay is seems the book is attacking moores character, which is a mistake and detracts from his real weakness his politics. Anyone who can't see that moores books and films are hugely doctored and spliced to cohere to his message needs to do some research.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

"From the initial read of that essay is seems the book is attacking moores character, which is a mistake and detracts from his real weakness his politics"
    the conservatives usually dont hold valid arguments for anything, so they jsut attack a persons character instead.
    and yes, devilmaykickass, you made some great points there.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Ya know, this is just about all I see at this board in discussions like these.

Everyone: Bush sucks! Bush sucks! Bush sucks!
    Fuzakero: Moore sucks!
    Everyone: OMG you can't say that! You're a rabid conservative right-wing Republican bastard! Stop trying to opress us! WE'RE BEING OPRESSED!
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance

Everyone: OMG you can't say that! You're a rabid conservative right-wing Republican bastard! Stop trying to opress us! WE'RE BEING OPRESSED!
    lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance

This is why I don't bother posting in most EoEo and world event topics. All it is is Bush bashing and conservative bashing.

If you're going to say that, you have to look at the other side too:

When someone says Bush suck, they will usually be bombarded with all sorts of the same thing against their beliefs. I don't believe Conservatives just sit idly either. Neither side is any better than the other.

Take care all.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Yes, but the liberals here far outnumber the conservatives. When I see a "Bush sucks" thread, I usually see two or three posts saying "Bush doesn't suck," and those are usually just drowned out by everyone else chanting "Bush sucks." I wouldn't exactly call that being bombarded.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

I personally don't think Bush sucks. It's Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Wolfie, and the people who weren't elected that my qualms are with.

Take care all.

Do you have any idea how much of a hypocrite and a moron you made yourself look like with that statement?
    I don't think I made myself look hypocritical at all. I hate Moore, make no mistake about that. I love Bush. -shrugs- What I was saying is that if you put that love/hate away I find it amusing how much controversy this is all going to cause on boths sides of the fence especially since the same company publishing this anit-Moore book is the same that published Moore's work.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

I've yet to find any valid reasons for anyone to dislike Fahrenheit 9/11 other than that they disagree with Moore's viewpoint. It's biased? Yeah okay, that means you disagree with his viewpoint. It doesn't point out the brutality of Saddam's regime? Why does it need to when the American media did such a good job hammering it into his heads? The fact that Moore does a good job representing his viewpoint should illustrate how well he handled his source material.

Granted, some of his earlier work has been questionably handled; that said, he had no idea that Heston was in the early stages of dementia when he filmed Bowling for Columbine, which is the most frequent criticism I hear of his work. I've yet to see any "rebuttal" of F9/11 that holds up to criticism; the piece that ran in Newsweek has been thoroughly dismantled, exposed as more fiction than Moore's work itself, and as for the Christopher Hitchens piece that ran in Newsweek the other day... please, I've yet to see a more poorly put together piece of rightist rhetoric in my life. There was no criticism of anything that had any basis in fact in Hitchens' piece; I only skimmed this article, but it looked like little more than "Wahh, Moore isn't 'fair and balanced' like Fox News" to me. As if Fox News were fair and balanced.

I could go on, but I'm not going to bother. Maybe there are some numerous overwhelming factual errors in Moore's works, but no one's convinced me of them yet. Until someone can point them out to me, and convince me that these errors are more numerous than those in the works of someone like Coulter or Limbaugh, I'm just going to interpret the backlash against Moore as Republicans not being able to take what they dish out.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar
    This is why I don't bother posting in most EoEo and world event topics. All it is is Bush bashing and conservative bashing.
    That's because most of the people here seem to have their heads striaght. =D

Blog Entries

I like him...