Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man's 17th Anniversary

So far I've finished Mega Man 1,2,5 and 6 from the Anniversary Collection. The hardest game so far was the original Mega Man. Some things which made that game so hard were:

1. The controls in the game. It seems like you're on ice no matter what level you are on.
    2. Even we you get damaged, you still cannot touch the spikes.
    3. Getting damaged apparently allows Mega Man to travel through matter. Can anyone explain why you sink through those helicopter things when damaged? I almost trashed my PS2 at those part on Ice Man's level and Wily's first level.
    4. Gravity appears to be about five times larger than in the other games. I don't know how many times I went to drop from a ledge and I was dead before I even had a chance to move my finger.
    5. The Shadow Devil was really hard to dodge with the sluggish controls and the inability to slide. I tried to use that menu trick or whatever, but I clearly had no idea how to properly do it.
    6. There is no possible way to dodge Fire Man's attack.
    7. The enemies are all as irritating as they look. My least favorite are those sadistic looking flying helicopters with the big teeth and of course the helicopters you have to jump on that shoot bullets out of the side of their head.
    Last edited by Storm; 07-05-2004 at 12:16 AM.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I just want to be a jerk and say I celebrated the 15th anniversary 2 years ago. This is the 17th anniversary.

You'd better e-mail Capcom and tell them to correct the mistake on all of their games.

EDIT: Well, I looked into the issue and Mega Man was first released in 1987. So I guess that would make 17 years. I find it strange that Capcom would claim that this is Mega Man's 15th anniversary (Look on the back cover of the anniversary collection).
    Last edited by Storm; 07-05-2004 at 10:06 PM.

My dream will never fade! MoonZapdos's Avatar

Favourite Games: Megaman Zero 1 & 2
    Favourite Character: Zero
    Toughest Game: Megaman X3
    Toughest Boss: Alien Sigma in Megaman X4 *sigh*

Also... Megaman ROCKS!!!

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo_Jellybean
    I've been playing MMAC non-stop.

I've only beaten MM7 and MM1 so far and on the verge of beating MM1. The problem is Wily's 2nd stage, with those robots coming off the walls. They do so much damaga, it only takes 3 hits to destroy me. $#@%!!!
    I assume you speak of those one-eyed block robots that move from side to side.

If so, you can destroy them in one hit with the elec beam. The elec beam travels through them so you can usually destroy all of them on screen with a single shot.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    You'd better e-mail Capcom and tell them to correct the mistake on all of their games.

EDIT: Well, I looked into the issue and Mega Man was first released in 1987. So I guess that would make 17 years. I find it strange that Capcom would claim that this is Mega Man's 15th anniversary (Look on the back cover of the anniversary collection).
    That logo is 2 years old. I am pretty sure it was on MM Battle Network 2 and I KNOW it was on MM battle network 3(on the front as a matter of fact).

They are going to keep using that 15th anniversary logo until its the 20th anniversary. Its a buisness thing but that should stop you from doing the right thing and proudly proclaiming the correct anniversary of stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw
    I assume you speak of those one-eyed block robots that move from side to side.

If so, you can destroy them in one hit with the elec beam. The elec beam travels through them so you can usually destroy all of them on screen with a single shot.
    I was referring to MM2. :P

But thanks, I've already beaten MM7, MM1, MM2, and on the verget of beating MM3.

So far I've beaten 6, beat the 8 bosses in 2 and 5, and beat a few bosses in 1. (Just talking about my new Collection of course )

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    They are going to keep using that 15th anniversary logo until its the 20th anniversary. Its a buisness thing but that should stop you from doing the right thing and proudly proclaiming the correct anniversary of stuff like this.
    Meh, 15 years or 17 years......Mega Man deserves an appreciation thread any time.

I hope they release an X series anniversary collection soon. I can't find X5 or X6 for sale anywhere!
    Last edited by Storm; 07-06-2004 at 06:51 AM.

MMX5 is awesome...MMX6 I have not played but I heard it was not all that good. I think we will see a MMX collection next generation.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

I got MMAC recently and I really like it. I like MM7 especially, I never really realised how cool that game was.

But, MM8 is, unquestionably, the worst MM game ever made. I can't believe this piece of crap was even made. It ssucks how whenever you shoot, MM has to make some stupid noise with his voice (Like "hah" or "power shot"). I tried turning off the sound, but then my focus shifted to how cheesy looking the bosses were.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Knight
    I got MMAC recently and I really like it. I like MM7 especially, I never really realised how cool that game was.

But, MM8 is, unquestionably, the worst MM game ever made. I can't believe this piece of crap was even made. It ssucks how whenever you shoot, MM has to make some stupid noise with his voice (Like "hah" or "power shot"). I tried turning off the sound, but then my focus shifted to how cheesy looking the bosses were.
    I have to admit, MM8 was not really that fun...but I haven't played much of it to give an informed opinion. I mean the graphics don't seem to be much of an improvement from Mega Man 7. The music isn't nearly as inspired as previous MM's...but I'll try to finish the entire game before passing judgement on it.

Megaman 8's redeeming value is this one part (and I don't know if this happens more than once) where you have to go through this air part of a level, so Rush comes down and you're flyin on him, and then Fliptop comes in a hurls bombs at the enemies, and Auto comes in and shoots rockets at them, and Beat comes in and flies around messing sh1t up... it's so damn cool. You're like the invincible kick-all-asses team. Good times.

MM8 was great. It's MM7 that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Knight

I actually like Mega Man 8 better than Mega Man 7. In Mega Man 7, it sounds like you are firing peas out of the Mega Blaster. I'll take the "hah" or "power shot" over the pea cannon.

The only thing about Mega Man 8 I really hate are the "Jump Jump, Slide Slide" parts and the horendous voice acting. Dr.Light sounds like Elmer Fudd.

I'm kind of annoyed that Capcom didn't include the game "Megaman & Bass" on the Anniversary Collection.
    Last edited by Storm; 07-06-2004 at 07:47 PM.