Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man's 17th Anniversary

Does anyone have any tips on how to beat Guts Man in Wily's Fortress in Mega Man 7? I can't prevent him from grabbing me and tossing me into the ceiling.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    The only two Mega Man games I own are X on SNES and Wiley's Revenge for Game Boy.
    Dr. Wiley's Revenge
    Dr. Wiley in Dr. Wiley's Revenge
    It's Wily, Shoe. Wily.
    I've played X so many times that there's really no challenge until the final Sigma...I've never been able to beat him.
    Use Rolling Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Knight
    ...I mean, come on...CLOWN MAN! I can't believe this doesn't strike anyone as at least a LITTLE bit cheesy or stupid. Oh no, CLOWN man, don't CLOWN me to death!
    "Thunder Carnival" is still a cool name for an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "Thunder Carnival" is still a cool name for an attack.
    I always thought it was "Thunder Cannonball!".
    Last edited by Storm; 07-20-2004 at 06:01 PM.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Those 2 spots where the only instants in the game that showed a bit of difficulty. That quick man level was easy(use flash) and heat man(use item 2(as mentioned)). You can say 'buts its hard if you don't use it!!!!', but that isn't the game being hard...thats you making it hard. Thats like trying to beat the game without using a special power unless forced to. The powers are there to make it easy and its made for you to use them to make said parts easier. If you don't do these things then you made it hard on yourself.
    That's true. One question: What is MMAC?

Lord Chainsaw, I remembered having an easier time with 3 than 2. I dunno, Megaman 2 was just, by far, the most enjoyable. I actually didn't mind dying because the music was the best and the levels were so much fun. I'd be playing now, but, my darn friend still hasn't given back my NES...
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    That's true. One question: What is MMAC?
    MMAC is the Mega Man Anniversary Collection. It contains the 8 original Mega Man games (plus 2 terrible bonus games), and can be purchased for the PS2 or Game Cube.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Knight
    I too was introduced to MM through MM3. But, really...MM3 isn't very hard either. I mean, you get up to 9 energy tanks, the rush jet in that game is the best item ever because it goes in 4 directions easily, and beating many bosses just becomes a matter of pressing 'fire' quickly.
    You got that right. I'd probably consider Mega Man 3 to be the easiest of the 1-8 series. 5 is also extremely easy. Maybe if I grew up with 5 I'd say 5 was the easiest. My problem with 2 was not the difficultly in itself, but the fact that a single unbalanced weapon decreased the difficulty so. There's a difference between making a game too easy with a broken weapon, and a game actually being too easy. There is a downside to using the Metal Blade however. That is that you cannot fire it and run at the same time. There is of course a way to get around that. That is simply not using the Metal Blade. I'd best relate that to my Phantasy Star Online life story. The dupers and cheaters are there with their dupes and 120% hacks, but you don't have to participate in any of that to get some enjoyment out of the game. You won't get the same enjoyment as if they never existed, but you'll still get some enjoyment.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

I saw reviews for the 2 Mega Man Power Battles games and were shocked that they were so high.

Personally, I think they're boring and uninspired. Hard to believe a game like this made it out into the arcades.

Yes, what a pathetic bonus to add in the collection.

So no one has any clue how to beat Guts Man in Mega Man 7, without using an energy tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    Yes, what a pathetic bonus to add in the collection.

So no one has any clue how to beat Guts Man in Mega Man 7, without using an energy tank?
    I assume you mean Junk Man? Guts Man was in MM1.

I'm sure there's guides to beating this guy. But use the Electic Bolt against him, then quickly slide under him when he jumps above you. He's quite easy if you have the Electic Bolt, or whatever the item is called.

Hark, ye herald angels sing. Tra la la la la, la la la...la

Spacious skies and forsaken sins, truly a time of great peril.

Have we all ever wondered why the kids of the new ages are always protesting wars yet fighting in them as we speak? Protesting is for the weakminded. Firebomb the kids I say, then Firebomb the firebombers, truly a safer world it be.

Oh and the kids of today seem to like the Mega Man, I do too. Have I ever told you all a little story about the Gemini man? Truly a wonderous man, spacious map, hes the true evil incarnate. My hero really.

Ta
    Refer to Bio. Or Dio. Haha. Wit. Take THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo_Jellybean
    I assume you mean Junk Man? Guts Man was in MM1.
    No, no. Guts Man is an actual boss in Wily's Fortress. You see Wily steal him from the Robot Musuem after beating the first 4 bosses.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Gemini Man is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw
    My problem with 2 was not the difficultly in itself, but the fact that a single unbalanced weapon decreased the difficulty so. There's a difference between making a game too easy with a broken weapon, and a game actually being too easy. There is a downside to using the Metal Blade however. That is that you cannot fire it and run at the same time.
    Yes yes I see your wisdom. However, there is one hard boss in this game (It is the second to last boss in the fortress, the great flying ship). I think he's at least a little bit tough. And the metal blade doesn't help much, either.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Ah, yes. The damn flying jet from Wily's 5th Stage. That battle is pretty difficult, but it is more annoying than anything. I say it is annoying because if you get a game over you have to fight all the eight robot masters again.

That fight isn't really a two-parter. It's more of a war of attrition between the player and Wily's second form. I don't even consider the 1st form to be part of that fight because you'd have to try pretty hard to get hit on it. Much like Wood Man and Air Man, that fight is all about killing him before he kills you.

As for the Guts Tank in Mega Man 7: Try using the Slash Rave on him. It may not seem to work, but if that is the case it means you aren't hitting him high enough. You need to actually hit him with the Slash Rave at the top of his head. If you hit the neck it will not register as a hit.

If you still can't beat him without a tank, then try destroying those blocks he chucks at you. I believe it is possible to destroy those blocks with the Slash Rave, but I'm not 100% on that. If you don't destroy them you can always jump on top of the block and jump forward and right off before it slams against the wall. That is extremely hard to do.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

I think after you beat 4 MM games, everything is remixed.

Now I want to play MM2 and MM1 again.

I beat MM7, MM1-3 and on MM4. The remixed tracks of MM4 are pretty good. I just enjoy playing the stages for the sake of it. Everything in MM4 is remixed for me, so I guess each game you complete remixes a portion of the tracks of each song, but nonetheless...MM4 is an underated game.

Despite Kawaii Ryukishi's link to a very harsh critique of Mega Man X6, I finally decided to buy it off E-Bay. I can only imagine the CD will be scratched or there will be no CD at all when I receive it. I look forward to the intolerable irritation this game will bring to me.

On another note, I finally started playing Mega Man X7. Although it is a mixture between 2-D and 3-D, I've found it a bit difficult even to adjust to the game's 2-D environment.