Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man's 17th Anniversary

Okay, I just finished MM1-5 and MM7. I just beat Wind Man on MM6. I'm saving MM8 for last, that seems to be the toughest.

I also beat MM Power Battles and Power Fighters...but that's not saying much.

Damn, Mega Man X7 is tough. I'm playing on the hard setting, and I finally made it to a boss for the first time. Tornado Tonion is easy for the first half of the battle using Axl, but then it's almost impossible to hit him without taking damage for the second half. And his lame voice is driving me mad.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Something I didn't take long to realize about Mega Man X7 that broke my heart:

Zero is worthless. Especially in the 3D level segments. As soon as you get X, scrap him.

In fact, I recommend you go to every stage and start rescuing those robots. You should have the 60+ needed for X after about 5 levels. Tornado Tonion is no match for X and Axl.

If you want a challenge, fight Flame Hyenard. He is HARD. Second hardest is probably Splash Warfly. Fighting Hyenard without Warfly's weapon is sure suicide.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Well, I finally defeated Tornado Tonion, and Vanishing Gungaroo wasn't too difficult. It is a sad truth though Lord Chainsaw. Zero is absolutely useless. Maybe Zero would be okay if you didn't take damage by running into other reploids, but of course that's not the case. The only thing I find Zero useful for is destroying those bats or doing a double jump.

I just play Plant Man's stage. It's such a pain in the ass.

It's like Spring Man's stage in MM7. Those stupid springs are so hard to get lift off of that I had to use a code to beat Plant Man's stage. Those spring stages are utterly annoying, I don't know what possessed Capcom to do it again in MM7.

Regarding Mega Man 7...

Okay, the slash worked great against Guts Man. Did you know you can actually slash the blocks at him before he smacks them at you?

Anyhow, I made it Dr.Wily and he's absolutely impossible in that flying saucer. If you get hit by the fire or ice orbs, you've lost 1/4 of your health. Anytime I try dodging them, I always run into the fire orb. Also, the only weapoin that appears to do any damage is the charged mega buster, which takes off 1 unit of damage.

Does anyone know a faster way of killing him? I just take too much damage, even with four energy tanks.
    Last edited by Storm; 07-17-2004 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    Regarding Mega Man 7...

Okay, the slash worked great against Guts Man. Did you know you can actually slash the blocks at him before he smacks them at you?

Anyhow, I made it Dr.Wily and he's absolutely impossible in that flying saucer. If you get hit by the fire or ice orbs, you've lost 1/4 of your health. Anytime I try dodging them, I always run into the fire orb. Also, the only weapoin that appears to do any damage is the charged mega buster, which takes off 1 unit of damage.

Does anyone know a faster way of killing him? I just take too much damage, even with four energy tanks.
    Yeah, I found that out the 2nd time I played Guts man. It only takes like, 6 or 7 slashes to kill Gutsman...but you have to knock the blocks back at him instead of just slashing at him.

For beating Dr.Wily, used charged coils. They do great damage. You'll need at least 3 energy tanks...but an easier way is to use the S.Adapter, because the double jump makes it a lot easier to dodge the 4 orbs. It takes longer, but it's a safer way.

With that being said, I beat MMAC 4 days ago...go me!

The freeze cracker is slightly more effective than the mega buster. You don't need to charge it, and you can usually get two shots in instead of one. Even using this strategy, I still consumed all four energy tanks plus the special energy tank. In other words, I needed 6 full bars of health to defeat the Wily Saucer. What a tough final boss....

I never really thought about using the charged coils, but something has to do more than 1 unit of damage to Dr.Wily.

Anyways, hurray! I've now finished Mega Man's 1-8. Next up, Mega Man X5, X6, and X7. Those power battle arcade games included are just a waste of time.

Yeah, seriously MM7 Wily ranks up there with X4 Sigma as one of the hardest bosses in the series.

What's really annoying is when you hit him and then you get hit by an ice sphere. Not only will you take the damage from the ice sphere, but you will be hit by the shockwave he fires after he gets hit. That's the worst and most damaging thing that can happen during the fight.

I used the Freeze Cracker to beat him. I didn't really like the Spring. I don't know if it was just me, but both weapons seemed to do 2 damage and the Cracker was just easier to hit him with since it can be fired diagonally. I hear that the Thunderbolt stops his spheres, but I've never tried it.

I beat MM7 on the SNES a few weeks ago, and I'm dreading having to do it again on the Collection. The only reason is Wily of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw

If you want a challenge, fight Flame Hyenard. He is HARD. Second hardest is probably Splash Warfly. Fighting Hyenard without Warfly's weapon is sure suicide.
    I defeated Splash Warfly after many tries, but I don't even know how to inflict damage on Flame Hyenard. And his "burn to the ground" chant is driving me crazy.

Flame Hyenard is such an ass.

You have to avoid both of them and shoot at the giant hyena robot in the lava. You shoot both of his legs until he locks up and sinks. Then you jump on him and climb onto his back.

That's where you see the real Flame Hyenard. Yes, that's right. There's 3 of them. The real fight takes place on the back of the giant hyena where you have to put up with all three of those bastards plus missiles getting shot out of the robotic hyena's back.

Yeah, seriously MM7 Wily ranks up there with X4 Sigma as one of the hardest bosses in the series.

What's really annoying is when you hit him and then you get hit by an ice sphere. Not only will you take the damage from the ice sphere, but you will be hit by the shockwave he fires after he gets hit. That's the worst and most damaging thing that can happen during the fight.

I used the Freeze Cracker to beat him. I didn't really like the Spring. I don't know if it was just me, but both weapons seemed to do 2 damage and the Cracker was just easier to hit him with since it can be fired diagonally. I hear that the Thunderbolt stops his spheres, but I've never tried it.

I beat MM7 on the SNES a few weeks ago, and I'm dreading having to do it again on the Collection. The only reason is Wily of course.
    If you mash the controller, you can break out of the ice or fire. Also, the only time Wily uses the ground shockwave is when you actually damage him...otherwise he won't use it. The battle is a lot easier with the S.Adapter.

Flame Hyenard is such an ass.

You have to avoid both of them and shoot at the giant hyena robot in the lava. You shoot both of his legs until he locks up and sinks. Then you jump on him and climb onto his back.

That's where you see the real Flame Hyenard. Yes, that's right. There's 3 of them. The real fight takes place on the back of the giant hyena where you have to put up with all three of those bastards plus missiles getting shot out of the robotic hyena's back.
    Oh goodie!

Well, thankfully I finally got X to join me. The only problem is that I've totally pimped Axl out by giving him all the chip enhancements, and there aren't going to be enough chips left to make X decent. I've also let Axl collect all of the heart tanks.

By the way, how do you improve your rank from D? On Tornado Tonion's stage I rescued every single reploid and my rank still remains the same.

I never quite figured out anything about ranks in X7. They were pretty useless to me. I think I finished the game with everyone at D rank. Doesn't really matter I don't think. And if it does it probably doesn't make big enough a difference in anything to really warrant the effort.

Well, because of the insanity that Flaming Hyenard has brought to me, I have decided to give Mega Man X7 a rest for a bit.

I just got Mega Man X6 in the mail a couple days ago, and the first impressions haven't been all that great. The graphics don't look as good as X5 or X4, and the stages are driving me nuts. I've defeated one boss, Commander Yamarack(spelling?), who was pathetic. A lot of the script also makes no sense.