Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Mega Man's 17th Anniversary

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Fire Man harder than Elec Man? Dive Man harder than Ring Man? Are you going by plasma or by weakness? Cause I can see how Dive man would be hard if you are using the skull weapon on him. He's actually easier to beat with plasma than with his weakness. His dive attack ing hurts which is why I don't get up close and personal with him.

I can agree with everything about Mega Man 3 though. Wily's second robot is very difficult. If you Rush Jet the mofo he's easy as cake, but if you go the hard knuckle then you're in for a challenge. If we're talking plasma then it would be safe to say that is the hardest Wily robot to beat outside of the skull capsule in MM7.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

I'm refering to using the special weapons to kill the Robot Masters/Mavericks. Even with the ice weapon, Fire Man takes off almost 2/3 of your health. His fire waves are impossible to dodge.

I've actually only beat Mega Man X strictly using the Mega Buster.

And yes, the 2nd Wily Robot in Mega Man 3 is really annoying. It's just difficult to get the timing correct to launch the hard knuckle when the machine ducks down.

Agh, I can't beat MM1. Fire Man just takes off too much life to get through the set of 4 consecutive battles.

You don't have to wait for the machine to duck down to use the hard knuckle on it. You can control the hard knuckle after firing. All you need to do is shoot it at the apex of your jump and hold up and it will still nail Wily even if he isn't ducking.

And yes, Fire Man can be a pain. He's a lot like Flash Man. You both pummel the crap out of each other until someone dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    Agh, I can't beat MM1. Fire Man just takes off too much life to get through the set of 4 consecutive battles.
    You can abuse the Ice Beam. Works for me...punk.

Wow, I finally beat Mega Man X5 today. Both Sigma forms were a huge pain in the ass. I couldn't find a way to dodge that giant purple block attack from the second Sigma. That led to many deaths. I must have fought him thirty times before I defeated him.

All I've got left now to finish is Mega Man X7. How saddening.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Until they release Mega Man X8. Who's played Rockman and Forte?

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

*just rented the Mega Man collection yesterday* I love the X series...well....the storylines are cool, anyway. I think Capcom has so much to work with. Zero is awesome.

Favorite Game: Mega Man X5 and Mega Man 7 (good memories)
    I made an entire fan fic based on MM7.

Favorite Music: Mega Man X5
    The song they played right after Zero crash-landed in Antartica (or Alaska??). It was the song that began to play when Alia discovered the Zero Virus.

I haven't really had the chance to play X6, and everyone says that X7 is stuck in the gutter. Is that true?? and does anyone think that capcom will make X8 better than every previous X game?
    Heaven's Light, bring unto me your song
    Heaven's Holy gift, share it with others
    Wings of silence, wings of true gold
    The song of one's heart....the emotions of another...
    Are we destined to become one?

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess
    Until they release Mega Man X8. Who's played Rockman and Forte?
    I've played Rockman and Forte. It was a very fun game, although I found King to be impossible and have never defeated him. I want to play it again, but I can't find the ROM anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon_Beouvle07
    Favorite Music: Mega Man X5
    The song they played right after Zero crash-landed in Antartica (or Alaska??). It was the song that began to play when Alia discovered the Zero Virus.
    Yes, the music that plays during the first three virus stages is awesome. I also think Mega Man X5 has the best Maverick Battle Theme. Overall, X5 has some great tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon_Beouvle07
    I haven't really had the chance to play X6, and everyone says that X7 is stuck in the gutter. Is that true?? and does anyone think that capcom will make X8 better than every previous X game?
    Mega Man X6 is the hardest of the X-series. The level design will drive you nuts. Also, the english translation is terrible. If you can get by that, it has some pretty neat bosses.

Mega Man X7 is okay, but most of the game is in 3-D. This makes it very difficult at times when you need to rotate the camera and dodge enemy attacks at the same time.

Mega Man X8 is supposed to be back in 2-D, thankfully. I guess a lot of people weren't too happy with Mega Man X7.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Yaaaaay....well I haven't played X7, so...

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

I've finally made it to Red in Mega Man X7 and I'm having a lot of trouble. Any tips?

Red is probably up there with Hyenard as one of the hardest bosses in X7. He's definitely harder than Sigma.

I used the crash on him. I don't know what it is called in X7 or what boss gives it to you but it is similar to the giga crash from X2. I know one of the bosses gives it to you.

Just get right up in his face and use the crash. If you are using Axl, then equip that weapon and he will get a bazooka with infinite and very powerful shots. Just hit Red with these bazooka shots. I think he's weak to this crash weapon.

If you are using X to do the crash on him, do not do it during the first half of the battle. He is very easy during the first part of the battle and you don't want to waste your crashes on him until he's almost dead. If you do you will run out and be really screwed when he gets harder.

Mostly though I'd stick with Axl and the bazooka weapon though.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

I thought it weird how they included a turbo shot function for the NES games...I wonder why they did this?

And MM7 rules...