Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Man's 17th Anniversary

Default Mega Man's 17th Anniversary

Yesterday, I picked up the Mega Man Anniversary edition for PS2 which contains all of the 8 original Mega Man games. For the past month, I have been absolutely obsessed with these games.

Discuss which of these games (Original and X series) are your favorites, which you found the tougest, your favorite characters and bosses, and which bosses you found to be the most challenging. Discuss whatever you like to celebrate the 17th anniversary of one of the greatest game series of all time.

For myself......

Favorite Game: Mega Man 3 and Mega Man X2
    Favorite Character: Vile from Mega Man X and X-3
    Toughest: Mega Man X4 (The Final Sigma can be very irritating to kill with X)
    Toughest Boss: Violen from Mega Man X2 (The big guy with the spiked ball and chain)
    Last edited by Storm; 07-11-2004 at 07:34 PM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I like how they kicked up the nostalgia factor for the Anniversary Edition by bringing back the terrible American-made cover art from the NES and SNES era. I would have bought it by now if I could have stood to look at that abomination.

Favorite game: Rock Man 3 and Rock Man X.
    Favorite character: Either Zero or Sigma. It would have been Blues if he weren't such a Racer X rip-off.
    Toughest game: Rock Man 4. I never got past Ring Man.
    Toughest boss: Ring Man.

Favorite Game: MegaMan X
    Favorite Character: Proto Man (I love his theme song) and Zero
    Toughest: MegaMan 4 and MegaMan 2
    Toughest Boss: Last Sigma (MMX, I never even got near to defeat him)

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Toughest game: Rock Man 4. I never got past Ring Man.
    Toughest boss: Ring Man.
    Yep, I nearly die every time against Ring Man, even with the charged up Pharoah shots. What's even more discouraging is going through Ring Man's long and difficult level again. I hate fighting those gigantic hippos on the stands, although Bright Man's weapon works well for defeating them.

Favorite Game: Megaman X6
    Favorite Character: a tie between zero and X
    Toughest: x6
    Toughest Boss: Final Sigma in X6

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Favorite Game: 3 and X2
    Favorite Character: Flip-top!
    Toughest: 1, hard to get the hang of when you're used to the extras from the other games
    Toughest Boss: Wiley from 6, that game asks you to do too much in one fight

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Mega Man is great. By far one of the greatest series ever. I haven't been in a rush to pick up the Collection, simply because I already own 1-8, but I'll get it simply because I'm a collector.

After much thought, I've come up with the following:

Favorite Mega Man: Mega Man 3. This is by far the pinnacle of the Mega Man series. Excellent game. I enjoyed it so much I played it up until I could finish it on one life. My favorite X game is Mega Man X4.

Favorite character: Sigma. It's all about Sigma. He's such a badass. I love the way he tells you he's gonna keep coming back in Mega Man X7. He's always got a weakness to lightning. Something I barely figured out about Sigma: That symbol under the maverick's energy bars in the X series is the greek symbol for the letter sigma. I always thought it was just a sideways M for maverick. This barely hit me a few weeks ago when I played EarthBound again.

Favorite music: Mega Man X2. Yeah, Mega Man 3 had some awesome music, but X2 had the best. Flame Stag has the coolest stage music of any boss, Zero's theme was awesome, and the first and second X-Hunter levels were also great.

Favorite Stage: Snake Man. Got to be Snake Man. I don't know why I find this stage so much fun. It's challenging to get through without taking a hit, but very possible.

Favorite Robot Master: Gemini Man. He's fun to fight and has the coolest and most innovative theme of any robot master. I always lay a beat down on him first when I play Mega Man 3.

Hardest Boss: This is a tough one. I'm torn between what I consider the two hardest bosses in Mega Man. They are, of course, Wily from Mega Man 7 and Sigma from X4. I can't honestly say which is harder. Both represent the absolute toughest fights of their respected villain.

Hardest Robot Master: I've beaten every robot master MM 1-8 with the plasma shot. That said there have been some fairly difficult bosses. However, there is no contest as to which robot master is the most difficult with the plasma shot. That is, of course, Slash Man from Mega Man 7. He's an absolute nightmare with the plasma. I didn't use charge shots on him, so it was even worse. Shadow Man is pretty difficult, but if you aren't using the charge shot, Slash Man will always be harder. Second time I fought him in Wily's level you can bet your ass I used the freeze cracker on him.

Hardest Stage: Some tough ones are Turbo Man, Ice Man, and Quick Man. The hardest for me is Heat Man's though.

Hardest game: Mega Man 7. A few things make it hard. 1) Four energy tank limit. 2) Slash Man 3) Turbo Man's stage 4) Skull Compound 5) Wily and his DAMN ELEMENTAL ORBS!

Coolest power: Metal Blade (Metal Man MM2). Maybe it should be cheapest power.

Suckiest power: Charge kick (Charge Man MM5). Seriously, I can't think of a single time in my days of Mega Man 5 that I actually put this thing to use. Those time stopper moves aren't that far behind in suckitude either.

That's all I can think of.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Favorite music: Blues's theme, Zero's theme (both parts) from RMX, Storm Eagle's stage music, and the first two ending songs from RMX (the one with X standing on the cliff and the one with the curtain call as X runs along the highway).

I'll add some more of my favorites here:

Favorite Stage Music: Shadow Man, Storm Eagle, the introductory stage in Mega Man X2, the first and second Doppler fortress levels in Mega Man X3, The Skiver in Mega Man X5.

Favorite Stage: Snake Man, Spark Man, Shadow Man, Clown Man, Tengu Man, Spring Man
    Last edited by Storm; 06-27-2004 at 05:11 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like to whistle Protoman's theme.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Favorite music:
    Armored Armadillo stage
    Proto Man Theme
    Top Man stage
    MegaMan 3 Title Screen
    Gemini Man stage

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

The Gemini man is the best of them all. Sexy, sleek, debonaire. Truly a master. I mean he sits there, all high and mighty with his fancy hat and is like, "Im Gemini man, doth ye dare to attacketh me?." and youre all like, "No way Gemini man, youre too cool/intimidating with your awesomeness."

Case in point!
    Refer to Bio. Or Dio. Haha. Wit. Take THAT.

Best music is the begining intro music to MMX6. Period

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    Best music is the begining intro music to MMX6. Period
    Is X6 really that good? I've been looking all over the city for a copy of it, but I cannot find it.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    Is X6 really that good?
    No.