Thread: Funniest video game stories

Default Funniest video game stories

Tell us the funny things that happened to you that involved video games.

I went over to my friend Nates and we rented Crazy Taxi 2, I was in the middle of a large jump in mid air and the game froze while the car was in the air, then I pressed mute on the TV remote and said "Looks like them Duke boys got themselves in trouble again, I wonder how they'll get out of this one?" and Nate fell down on the floor laughing.

Ohh ohh, I got another one

I went to Steven's place while he was babysitting his dumb, moronic, braindead, 6 year old brother Matthiew, he asked Steven "Can I play Tekken on the PS2?" and he said, "Well, holdon a second." He goes in his room, loads in the Tekken disc and takes out the Memory cards and tells his brother to go ahead and play. After a few hours of him playing and us watching TV Matthiew's uncle comes by and picks him up to take him to his cousin's birthday party, we had the whole house to ourselves. Steven wanted to play Street Fighter Alpha 3 so he can play with his World Tour character, when he tryied to put in his memory card it would not go in all the way, he then looked in the Memory Card slot and found a Quarter. Then we learned that Matthiew put it in there because the character select screen said "Insert Coin". Mattheiw's not allowed to touch the PS2 again.

When my friend keeps beating everyone in his house in Dead or Alive 3 until it was my turn and I always beat him, but I always lose the next round and my friend would beat him...and the cycle continues.

After that we went to this arcade and looked at those games before DoA3 was released, be it Tekken or Virtual fighter. We rolled out of the arcade laughing.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had my FF7 game erased twice before I beat it, both times at relatively the same point, and both times by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel

I went to Steven's place while he was babysitting his dumb, moronic, braindead, 6 year old brother Matthiew, he asked Steven "Can I play Tekken on the PS2?" and he said, "Well, holdon a second." He goes in his room, loads in the Tekken disc and takes out the Memory cards and tells his brother to go ahead and play. After a few hours of him playing and us watching TV Matthiew's uncle comes by and picks him up to take him to his cousin's birthday party, we had the whole house to ourselves. Steven wanted to play Street Fighter Alpha 3 so he can play with his World Tour character, when he tryied to put in his memory card it would not go in all the way, he then looked in the Memory Card slot and found a Quarter. Then we learned that Matthiew put it in there because the character select screen said "Insert Coin". Mattheiw's not allowed to touch the PS2 again.
    haha that made me chuckle

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I was playing Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu for the NES on an emulator a few years ago (yeah this was the time before I went and bought out every NES game I'd ever played when I was younger) and I was rather frustrated.

Keep in mind Action Kung Fu isn't a particularly frustrating game until you reach the last boss, who is to put it quite bluntly, a bastard.

I'd been rather upset that I was back in the first level, and I had reached this part where the screen scrolls classic Super Mario Brothers 3 Koopaling airship style.

I died somewhere in the middle of the level. Well when Jackie Chan dies in the game, he does this sort of weird little kick in the air with his leg while he's lying on the floor dead. I was so pissed off that I decided to mock that kick by doing it from my chair. Well I forgot to move the chair back, and I kicked the keyboard to the floor.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.