Thread: Someone want to tell me why my cell phone doesn't work?

Default Someone want to tell me why my cell phone doesn't work?

My Samsung SCH-a310 has a feature which allows voice messages to be stored directly onto the phone rather than on a remote voice mailbox. I had a greeting for the phone after which people could leave a message if I didn't pick up the phone. I tried to change the message, but I messed up and when I tried again, all it recorded was one second of silence. I took it to a Verizon center and the guy there had no clue what was going on - his best guess was that it was a memory issue, which he then ruled out because only about a third of my total voice memory (dialing, memos, etc.) was used. So, any ideas?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did you try recording it again? Was the guy intelligent enuogh to test the memory in another phone to make sure it's not your phone or memory, or test your phone with a new clean memory card/whatever?
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Maybe you didn't wait for the beep?
    FOA

how often do you pay your bills? does the rest of your phone work?

I can't even record a message - the phone quits out before I can start recording. Funny thing is, I can record a voice memo to myself, but I can't record an answering message to myself. The beep doesn't even come, let alone "Please record your message after the beep". It just quits out as soon as I select the option to record.

I figure it's a problem with the memory - the stack needs to be dumped, or whatever - but it's not like a computer, where I can just crack it open if soft fixing fails. I'd have to replace the phone, and that costs money.

The problem is with the phone itself, not my service - so bill paying and stuff is eliminated. The rest of the phone works fine.