Thread: The FTP - take two

Default The FTP - take two

Well, now that I'm not behind a crappy college router, I'm taking a second shot at hosting an FTP for you fools to leech music off of. This FTP can also help out Jalbrean - I noticed his thread about needing space. I don't have much space to offer, since I'm running off a 30 GB laptop - but I am on broadband, so it should be quick. Respond if you're interested - here's a tentative list of stuff.

FF (I - X) OSTs and Orchestrated Versions
    CT/CC/XG/RD OSTs and Orchestrated Versions
    Random-ass "real" music I have lying around on my HD

On second thought, I might wait until I have an iPod in hand, so I can just allow everyone access to the iPod as an external hard drive. It would be no more than 15 GB, though.

Anyways, I'll post w/details later. Just generating hype.
    Last edited by -N-; 07-03-2004 at 04:22 AM.

Mmkay. Official rules now.

Address: 66.122.244.131
    Port: 21

Download account:
    user/pass = standard/standard
    Max users: 2
    Max speed: 32 KBps

Upload account:
    user/pass = upload/upload
    Max users: lots
    Max speed: lots

Special accounts: available on demand, dl/ul @ max speed

No hammering - 2+ attempts in under 60 seconds gets you banned for 5 minutes.

Read the README for more info once you login. I don't expect this to be a high traffic server.

You're welcome.

EDIT:

New browse account added, user/pass = look/look. You can't dl/ul anything, so don't try.

Hours of operation: Hopefully 24/7, but sometimes I get worried when my laptop gets hot as hell because it's running on a P4M chip, rather than a Centrino or an Athlon. If at all it's going to be off, it would be at night PDT (and hopefully I remember to turn it on in the morning). But to be on the safe side, just let me know when you're going to post or take stuff (in the thread or IM or email).

Oh yeah, here's a list of stuff I'm sharing. (attaches text file)

Please don't make multiple OH GOD IT BURNS MAKE IT STOP -Murder
    Last edited by -N-; 07-06-2004 at 05:52 AM.

Splendid. Thanks for the info. This will make it much easier to get people their music. =) Thanks a lot for sharing the space.

No problem, but dammit I forgot to attach a file of what I got.

edit: Oh yeah, for Jalbrean or anyone else who has them, I don't ask for much. Right now, any Aqua Teen Hunger Force episodes you have or any music which you think rocks, please upload to the FTP UPLOAD folder. (If you log on as upload/upload, that'll be the only folder you can access. So ha. )

I'm getting a 15 GB iPod in a few days, so I should be able to share more music soon. Hopefully you guys can download through FTP straight off the iPod.

edit again: Oh yeah, I forgot. I have the Radical Dreamers ROM + Translation patch as well.

EDIT: To IP address 200.167.45.142:

Learn to spell "standard" right. It's "standard", NOT "standart". You've been banned for five minutes for hammering, too.

Hammering = making 2 or more connection attempts within 60 seconds.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by -N-; 06-29-2004 at 03:36 AM.