Thread: ps2 keyboard

ps2 keyboard

im gonna buy the game for ps2 soon and i was wondering if it is necessary to have a keyboard to play because it would suck if i bought it and couldent play because i didnt have a keyboard

thanks

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm pretty sure you'll need one to type messages and such. They do have special controls that have a keyboard built into the top, but they're pretty expensive and pretty awkward.

Drop the 7 bucks for a USB keyboard at any computer store, it's worth it. Not being able to type would be extremely awkard. It's not required, you can play with out the keyboard, but I definitly wouldn't try playing the game with out one.

what kind of keyboard can i get for 7 dollars i thought u needed a special ps2 one. is there anyway to communicate without one? like on phantasy star online where u can use WORD SELECT.

thanks for your help

You don't need a special PS2 keyboard. You can use an USB keyboard. There's USB slots in the front of your PS2 that you plug it into. I bought a cheap 12 keyboard at a store and it works fine.

You can use ANY USB keyboard. Go out and buy a USB keyboard, you can buy them cheap almost anywhere. You DO NOT need to buy those expensive Sony PlayStation keyboards, unless your anal and can shell out the money to match your hardware. Other then that, YES, you do need a keyboard to communicate with other people playing. This is needed because, as you get higher in lvl you will NEED to group with other people to get the good EXP, and you will need to communicate. PLUS, I think you need a keyboard to set up macros( I'm not sure cause I'm on the PC version :P), and macros are VERY needed!!!
    Server:Midgardsormr
    Linkshell:DarkSEED
    Race:Mithra
    Nation:Windurst
    Current Levels:53 WHM, 25 BLM, 25 THF, 23 NIN, 9 WAR, 8 SAM, 8 MNK, 1 SMN, etc...

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

thanks for your help but im not that good at computers and i dont know what usb means, i tryed my computer keyboard and it isint the right shape. if i go to a computer store and ask someone will they be abel to help me?

If you went to a computer store and asked to see USB keyboards, they would definitly show you some. It would also have USB on the box.