Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic NES games on GBA

Default Classic NES games on GBA

I'm sure you've heard that they've resold some of the best NES games for the GBA, such as Mario Brothers, Zelda, Metroid, Ice Climbers, Pacman, etc. All they are is just the origional games, no addons, no changes, no enhancements, just the same games, only you can play them on the road on a nifty handheld.

You can normally buy these in their NES format for about 2 bucks at a game store like EB games or Gamestop but these GBA re-releases cost about 20 dollars.

Would you still buy old but really good NES games for 20 bucks just so you can play them on a GBA?

OOC: Does anyone know how much the origional Zelda for NES was cost on it's release in 1986?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it's silly that you'd have to pay 20 bucks just to get some Ice Climber action. At least Activision and Midway release 4-5 games per cart, and those are a helluva lot better than Ice Climber and Excitebike (though EB has it's moments). Zelda is the only worthwhile one. It is still one of the best games ever.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It would be cool to be able to play them on the GBA but not for that much. I'd probably just download the ROMs. If they were a bit cheaper I might get them though. Pacman rocks =)
    rawr

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Zelda is the only one I would buy. I gotta agree with Del though, one 8-bit game per cartridge is rediculous for 20 bones.

I believe I got my original Zelda Cartridge in 89 Joel, I asked my dad if he could remember and he said....well, some curse words . I wanna think is was around $30 maybe. I will try and look it up later...im curious too now.
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yeah, $20 is a bit rediculous for a re-release of a nintnedo cartridge, considering the revamped re-releases of Dragon Warrior I & II and Dragon Warrior III were $30. And like the others, Zelda is the only one that I would buy.

And Joel, it was around $45 new. I remember saving up to buy the games new and it was soo much at the time (I was 12 or so).
    Figaro Castle

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

They're rip-offs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metCloud
    Zelda is the only one I would buy. I gotta agree with Del though, one 8-bit game per cartridge is rediculous for 20 bones.
    Same here

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Zelda is the only one I'd buy. I've never actually played it, but I used to watch my neighbor play it all the time. She wouldn't let me play it. She didn't want me to mess up her save.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Blog Entries

The first zelda was the first game I ever played and or beat. I loved that game so much.

I was at the grocery store with 15 bucks in my wallet, I see the classic NES Zelda for GBA. I wanted to buy it so badly but I needed 5 more bucks. I also seen the Mario Brother's game for 20 bucks, I can go to EB and buy about 20 copies of that game for a dollar.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If you haven't played the first Zelda you are missing out on one of the greatest games ever. Then again I could say the same for WRECKING CREW!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Yea, I agree $20 is asking for a lot. Nintendo is definitely targeting the old school/collector type with these. The only problem is that they took away A LOT of the collectability when they brought them over stateside. The Japanese Famicon Mini (I think that's their name over there) Series did a lot to replicate that NES feeling. But then again, the US NES GBA SP looks freakin' sweet.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

GBA Flash Linker + 256mb cartridge + GBA NES Emulator + As many NES roms as you could think of.

I think, in the end, it works out much cheaper.

p.s. Yeah, like hell I'm paying for GBA games anyway, the only one I've bought is Boktai, because you can't play it on an Emulator anyway. That and it's awesome and worth buying.

Good job you don't live in the UK then. Were being charged £14.99 for them. Each. Which is nearly $30.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

hey, dont u forget the mario game! it is the most influenctial game in history and is argueably still the best mario game even 19 years on (though mario 3 is pretty darn close)

i remember playing a zelda game when i was young on the nes and all the time i got killed constantly on the world map by ambushing monsters. i hated it and i hope that was not the original zelda...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7