Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosh Pit=Concussion??!!??

Default Mosh Pit=Concussion??!!??

I love going to concerts. The loud music, it's just great. I went to Smile Empty Soul yesterady with my sisiter and friends. When smile mepty sould came out and played a mosh pit started. My friends thought it would be funny to push me in it ( i've never been in one) I was caught off gaurd by it and the next thing i know i'm on the ground. I had a good time and everything...but after the concert myfriends were talking about how i got my head rammed my the guy that made me fall. I don't even remember it! I remember falling on the ground and that was it! I have no recollection about it.

So my question is Have you ever gottan injured at a concert/event? How bad and what hapenned?

["What I give form to in daylight is only one per cent of what I have seen in darkness." M.C. Escher

Yeah, at an Iron Maiden concert a few years ago. I was over by the right hand speaker stack as you looked at the stage, right by the barriers, so I had some trouble seeing the stage. During the encores, this rather large woman decided to jump up and down, resting her full weight on my left shoulder. Problem was, I was leaning over the barrier sideways straining my neck to see the stage. I ended up in a neckbrace for a week with damaged tendons.
    What is life? What seperates the greats from the almost greats? Is it skill? Power? Luck?

Or is it the fact they won?

i strained a neck muscle at a gig due to headbanging.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Stage dived into a bunch of people who didn't like me. I was wearing a mask, I don't understand how they recognised me, which led to me being threw to the ground and beaten for a LONG time.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

I was at a all day Music festival at a Ampitheater where me and my cousin were on the lawn the whole day. Then ICP came on last and everyone on the lawn stormed up to the front where the seats were like a riot. I said why not and we went too....Big mistake! I didnt get majorly hurt but people were just throwing fists like crazy and one landed my younger cousin (a girl), and I went nuts. If it were not for the huge roit like crowd I would have probobly got arrested because I know I knocked the hell out of that guy.
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

I went to a concert about a week ago and I was in the mosh pit the whole time. I jumped so much that for two days I couldn't walk because I pulled my calf muscles in my legs. It was fun though The concert....not the two days after.
    Last edited by Rusty; 07-03-2004 at 04:07 PM.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been in many many mosh pits and have had several semi serious injuries from them heres a short list of the worst or best:

1) two fractured ribs
    2) broken nose
    3) broken bones in the right elbow including my funny bone
    4) dropped on a dividing rail at brixton academy whilst crowd surfing (back down)

concussion has been inflicted on me many times more than I can count. As for funny things:

Picked up and thrown towards the back of the brixton academy

crushed by 70,000 people and have the girl behind me apologise for doing it

loads of things have happened in mosh pits but some are funny others are just painful

ive actaully never been hurt in a mosh pit yet, surprisingly. i was at warped tour the other day, and during bad religions set this girl walked out of the pit and her face was covered in blood, and then five minutes later some guy walked out all dazed and bandaged and bloody. i didint get hurt thankfully, but i am pretty sore from all the moshing (and dancing in flogging molly's case )

Never, no injuries.

Considering how the Hundred Reasons concert I went to had Million Dead and Thrice as support, and Thrice are just an insane hardcore band, I find myself quite lucky.

Feeder fans can be suprisingly violent too, a bunch of people started a circle pit which I was caught in, missed quite a few blows to the head, but then I find myself dealing out more pain than I recieve.

Such as the rather hefty blow to the head I dealt to Charlie from Busted when he was in the pit at Hundred Reasons, oh my, that was a fun punch.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I always end up injured, because I'm always in the circle pits and stage diving.

-Once I jumped from the stage and no one caught me, I landed on my back and it hurt rather bad.
    -Fractured a bone in my foot at a One Way System/Infected show
    -Numerous bruises and such
    -A bloody nose/slight concussion at an Officer Negative show
    -A bruised spine when the crowd/bouncers dropped me onto the rail seperating the stage from the crowd at a lame venue. I couldnt walk for like 5 minutes.
    -Just a lot of hurts in general

I fear nothing!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got followed home by some crazy guy after a reggae show once, but that's different.

Never been in one, and never will be in one. I think its stupid. Like yeah, I like the music, but I aint that into it, to get in a pit with a bunch of people all close to eachother.

i dont get whats stupid about it... i think its fun.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

A pit isnt 'a bunch pf people standing close together', a pit is getting in and swinging your fists and kicking and running in circles. As close to dancing as you can really get with heavy rock/punk/etc.

I dont know about normal concerts, but at punk shows is an excellent display of the brotherhood and love of the scene. The same people punching and kicking will always pick you up and dust you off. Every time I've been hurt, there's been strangers helping me, getting me ice and water, and making sure I'm okay. Just like I do for them. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    A pit isnt 'a bunch pf people standing close together', a pit is getting in and swinging your fists and kicking and running in circles. As close to dancing as you can really get with heavy rock/punk/etc.

I dont know about normal concerts, but at punk shows is an excellent display of the brotherhood and love of the scene. The same people punching and kicking will always pick you up and dust you off. Every time I've been hurt, there's been strangers helping me, getting me ice and water, and making sure I'm okay. Just like I do for them. I love it.
    really? usually nobody throws fists at all when im at punk shows. and if they do the band usually stops playing and bitches at the people throwing fists and kicking and stuff. i dunno maybe its just a location thing or something, although the brother hood and stuff is there. if i fall i get picked up, if i get hurt, i get helped. i jsut rarely see anybody punching anybody.