Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Series *Official Topic*

Default Resident Evil Series *Official Topic*

Resident Evil series is one of the best series in gaming history...anyone agree/disagree? I personally love it...not as much as Final Fantasy Series, though, but still...it kicks ass, especially the new Resident Evil 4!
    Sir Auron's The Best!

Quote Originally Posted by ALAN
    Resident Evil series is one of the best series in gaming history...anyone agree/disagree? I personally love it...not as much as Final Fantasy Series, though, but still...it kicks ass, especially the new Resident Evil 4!

When did RE4 come out? I thought that its release date was 2/1/05.

Anyway, I agree that the RE series are one of the best series. I especially love Resident Evil Outbreak. I have been playing that game nonstop for the past few days. I am trying to unlock everything. Right now I am trying to unlock the U.S.S.1.
    I think that REO is my new favorite RE game, with RE2 and RE(the remake) closely behind.

Cool

No, Resident Evil 4 isnt out...not until either November 15, 2004 (Capcom site) or the date that you said in 2005 (GameSpot)

It's already kickass just because of the previews, i meant.
    Sir Auron's The Best!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want Resident Evil 4.

Now.

I mean it.

I'm not kidding around, here.

I want it now.

I've played all of them except the guncon games, Code Veronica, Gaiden and Outbreak. My favorites are the GC remake and RE2. My least favorite is 0.

RE2 is the best one released so far. Leon is the coolest of the RE Heroes.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

How is the GC remake different to the original out of interest?

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Besides the obvious (graphics/sound), there are a couple of remixed and new locations, new monsters, new surprises, and you have to burn the zombies after you kill them or decapitate them or else they come back to life as these crazy red zombies that run really fast and are pretty scary.

As for RE4, it's pretty cool, I can't wait for it to come out!
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAsh
    How is the GC remake different to the original out of interest?
    If you've played through the original, then the remake has some of the most nerve racking moments you'll ever face in a game. Especially the dog hallway - they never jump through quite when you're expecting it.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Here is my list of the best RE games.

RE: Code Veronica
    RE(Gamecube)
    RE:4(most likely)
    RE:3
    RE(PSX)
    RE:2

Yeah....I thought RE 2 was the weakest one. RE 3 didn't have the story but was a lot more fun to play with all the parries and dodging you could do. RE: CV had the best story, camera, mix of gameplay, boss fights and non-linearity. You could actually miss scenes if you did something before you were suppose to. Example: I beat a boss that talks to you before you fight this giant spider. Since I defeated that boss it couldn't talk to me first so the scene was different. I just love that...also the puzzles were better than any other game.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am SO excited for RE4, I really don't wanna wait! *sibs*. It looks...different, but good. I love Leon, so I'm definitley gonna check this out.

--Box Box Box Box

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    RE2 is the best one released so far. Leon is the coolest of the RE Heroes.
    Ain't it the truth? Its the only one I still have after all this time.

I agree its a kickass series, though I've yet to play Code Veronica (shame on me). The REmake and Zero were amazing, and I can't wait for 4.

The only thing I must say that SUCKS about Resident Evil are all the 'side project-type' games (Survivor, Outbreak, Dead Aim). Capcom really seems to go wrong with those.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Resi is the second greatest series of all time behind FF.
    I own all of the classic resi games [bar the crap ones like the gun survivors and that game boy one *cringes*] and I've completed them all fully. I've even completed the remake in under 1 hour 30 mins. If you can beat that I'll be most impressed. (Point of fact, I did it on the normal difficulty setting).

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_99
    Resi is the second greatest series of all time behind FF.
    I own all of the classic resi games [bar the crap ones like the gun survivors and that game boy one *cringes*] and I've completed them all fully. I've even completed the remake in under 1 hour 30 mins. If you can beat that I'll be most impressed. (Point of fact, I did it on the normal difficulty setting).
    You're either an extremely skilled RE master, or insane...or on something, or a combination of those.

Either way damn you must rule...I think my record time on ANY RE game was 2 hours, 12 minutes (RE2, Normal).
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

I liked the movie: Creppy!

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

does anyone know of resi outbreak is out in uk or are they waiting for the harddrive to be avaliable?

anyway i,d say nothing touches resident evil code veronica. the rest are all still fantastic though, except zero which was meh...ok i guess. oh and the lightgun tosh...

resi used to be my fav seris. then ff came. now its like third after ff and metal gear, though silent hill and legacy of kain r right up there too.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7