Thread: Greece V Portugal

Default Greece V Portugal

Oh my god! I never would have predicted this final in a million years! I am a little disappointed to be honest as I was looking forward to seeing a Czech v France semi, and a Czech v Holland rematch in the final.

As it is, this is probably not going to be the greatest game you'll ever see. I think the Greeks, as before, will try and stifle the individual talents present in the Portuguese team and will attempt to hurt them late on as we have seen them do so impressively throughout the tournament.

It's such a tough game to call. Portugal should win but I can't help feeling the Greeks are going to emulate the Danish side of '92 and win against all odds. Good luck to both sides tonight!

It's going to be an interesting end to a VERY interesting tournament. I just hope people don't say "Well, neither side really deserved it 'cos the big guys didn't play as well as they could've done, obviously France/England/Spain/Germany/Italy/whicheverteambesidesGreeceandPortugal would've won, they only felt sorry for those two sides". I can picture the headlines already.

Good luck to both teams.
    What is life? What seperates the greats from the almost greats? Is it skill? Power? Luck?

Or is it the fact they won?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

COME ON GREECE. They'd never won a tournament game until Euro 2004, and I think it'd be awesome if they won, then never won again xD

Oh, and I also want them to win so they can avenge England's loss at being cheated out of winning by the biased referees. Reminds me of Korea '02.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

seriously unable to predict what will happen here

Well I certainly hope we will win(Greece).I know our style of play is not very impressive like the Czechs or other offensive teams ,and we got lucky some times,but this chance is one in a billion.
    Thank you for your support Psycotic but I hope we will win again sometime in the near future(the next 500 years would be nice )

I hope we will see a nice game and may the best team win.

Check out the attachement
    Attached Images Attached Images
    But for a certainty back then
    We loved so many,yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...
    Yet even then we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Well, I don't know which country I'd like to win. I followed the whole tournament with a big interest until Denmark lost to the Czech Republic (3-0). It was kinda embarrassing because I was on vacation in the Czech Republic at that moment (Got home yesterday)... I even got stopped on the street by some buy who could just see I was Danish because I had a sad expression on my face o_O Anyway, It's nice that it's not one of the big countries (such as Germany, England, Italy and so on) that's on the top of the tournament... I was happy to see that most of them didn't make it that far.

And Doc Sark: Denmark totally rocked in '92!

I'm hoping for Greece to win, but I think Portugal have the best chance of actually doing it.

*crosses fingers*
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Portugal VS Greece. Portugal will win! U are ungry because england lost!

Portugal is the best!

I have relatives who are Greek, so you know who I'm rootin for.

i dont care who wins, i am english but i dont hold a grudge against the portugese(sp) as they playe dwell against us. it is the swiss i dont like, them and their stupid refereing.
    [leeza]Sig width limit: 550 pixels.
    Sig filesize limit: 50 kb.[/leeza]

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Lux Trepe
    U are ungry because england lost!
    Actually I was rather angry that Urs Meier was biased in favour of Portugal and that Sol Campbell's goal was disallowed. But not now.

CONGRATULATIONS GREECE!

Blog Entries

We were much better than England, France and so many other teams!

I wanted Portugal tp play against the Czech and against that hot of Nedved, but oh well, we play and I'm only sorry that Cristiano Ronbaldo and Helder Postiga didn't scored and took of their shirts!

Well done Portugal

I am proud of being portuguese because we are one of the best teams pf the Europe!!!!!!!

By the way Cristiano Ronaldo already has a girlfriend! and worst Wayne Rooney has a fianceé... :shame:

can't believe greece won, can't really say what kind of game it was because i was getting drunker as the game went on. According to the news it was boring.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Yeah it wasn't a great advert for attractive football but if I was Greek, I wouldn't give a monkeys. I'm a Liverpool fan so am used to watching a defensive style of play, and if you can make it work, like the Greeks did, and so many succesful German national sides before them, then fair play. The Greeks deserved to win the game at the end of the day because they worked a good goal and were near impossible to break down. I did think that I might have had one too many when I saw Nikopolidis holding up the most coveted of continental trophies, but I'm told that did happen.

Well done Greece. Unlucky Portugal (karma is a beeatch)

A poor game from a neutral standpoint, but an absolute nail-biter if you were taking sides. Greece were magnificent defensively, and I'm glad that they won.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.