Thread: How much different are the new Spider man movies from the original comic book

Default How much different are the new Spider man movies from the original comic book

How much different are they. I never really read the comic books but of the of the information I have found from the internet this is what I have found so far.

Spoiler

MJ was not actually Peter's lone love. She was actually Peter's third girlfriend during the comic strip series. And I don't think there affection for eachother was quite as strong as what was indicated in the movies (as in the comic book even after he met MJ he continued to see other people). They did not grow up living together right next door to eachother. MJ only moved in next door to Peter in the comic book during highschool.

That was pretty much what I just found out. Anybody know of anything else that the movies stray away from from the real Spider man story.
    Last edited by darkchrono; 07-06-2004 at 02:49 AM.

Gwen Stacey was one of Spider-Man's first loves. But she was killed by the Green Goblin.

I haven't seen the movies, but I have read the comicbooks. It would be interesting to see Venom in the movie, as well as Carnage, but that might be asking too much as they have too much animation, even when standing still.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Your spoiler tag didn't work, I'll PM you about it as well so you know.
    FOA

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Whos "Sider Man", and where does he get his apples from
    I like Kung-Fu.

in the comics the MJ parker relationship is important as they get married, then it hits the rocks when ben reily hits the scene.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You obviously can't fit 40 years of comic books into 3-4 movies, so you got to pick and chose what to put in there. Plus these stories were written in the sixties and they obviously need to be updated for modern times. What I'm getting at is don't really expect most of it to coincide besides basic things like Peter's origin and J.J. hating Spider-Man. I thought for the most part the characters' personalities rang true to the series besides MJ being a little too helpless.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The comics are better, storywise. Like Murder said, there's alot more stories to be told in a long-running comic book series that can't be touched in two feature length films. They're very different, but not as much as the X-men, where they all had generic costumes rather than the cool looking ones from the series.

I know Aunt May's been dead for awhile now, and Spidey has had issues with being cloned in the past.