Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore: Genius or Bastard

Default Michael Moore: Genius or Bastard

Now, before you all state your incorrect opinions, let me be the first to say, Im the smartest man in North America, so your points are irrelevant and time wasting. But lets get to the topic at hand.

A lot of you Think either Michael moore is a genius or a complete america hating bastard. Youre both so wrong, its not even funny.

Michael Moore, is a smart man, who loves America and wouldnt live anywhere else in the world if he had the choice. The man merely is biased, VERY biased on his facts, he wants America to become how he thinks it would be best, so he skews facts which ARE true nonetheless but he skews them to make them look 100times worse than they actually are, like any god fearing, american patriot would do. The only difference is, he makes Awesome points and he IS right 99% of the time, but he doesnt give the other side a chance to say what they wantt o say, he "claims" he interviews them but he runs up to them without any notice whatsoever, and bombards them with trick/difficult questions which can only come off as negative. If Moore went in blindly rather then like a tactician it mightbe a bit more fair. So really he blindsides people with his well calculated assaults while making them look like fools. I have SOOOO much more to say, but ever since I moved to BC I have dialup currently, and its truly unbearable. Good eve children, and may God Speed.
    Refer to Bio. Or Dio. Haha. Wit. Take THAT.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I dont think he's a genius nor a bastard. I'm aware that he's biased (he never claims otherwise) but I think his movies are important. They portray another side of things that we dont often see. Interviews and everything aside. He does make a lot of good points, and his movies are actually entertaining. They're funny while presenting their point.

But the main reason I like him is watching those that hate him get worked up into an absolute fit over what he does. That's always good for a laugh.

Personally, I like him myself too. I disagree with a few things he stands for, but for the most part, I like him. Hes actually very intelligent and he has alot of connections to get what he wants, something the average man who could conterpoint him cannot do. Regardless, I enjoyed Both of his films and will continue to purchase/see his upcoming ones.

It was fun watching Dan Demers swear at Michael Moore in the theater when he was critiquing Bush. Eric, you know what Im talking about, Dan Demers was ONE row infront of me, It was GOD DAMN, hilarious.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I think he's irrelevant. I've never seen his movies, I don't have much desire to. He has nothing to say that's worth hearing, from what little I've heard of him. The lunatic fringe can usually be safely disregarded. If I gave every quack in the world my time and attention, I'd have time to do nothing but listen to quacks. Not to mention that hearing the opinion of this particular person requires my money in addition to my time. Don't see much point in spending any time talking about him, apart from these couple sentences.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yeah, I dont completly agree with everything he says either, but I do like hearing about it.

The one thing that interested me most at the theatres when seeing his newest flick is the diversity of everyone there. I expected it to be mostly my demographic; young kids, punks and such especiall. But there was a lot of age/race/lifestyle diversity in the theatre and I found it very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne
    I think he's irrelevant. I've never seen his movies, I don't have much desire to. He has nothing to say that's worth hearing, from what little I've heard of him. The lunatic fringe can usually be safely disregarded. If I gave every quack in the world my time and attention, I'd have time to do nothing but listen to quacks. Not to mention that hearing the opinion of this particular person requires my money in addition to my time. Don't see much point in spending any time talking about him, apart from these couple sentences.

Mr Unne. Do you watch the news? Do you read the newspaper? If you read ANYTHING that the media is involved in or associate with it in the least, youthen are "giving quacks a minute of your time". Regardless if you think Moore is a quack, or a genius, you cannot have a based opinion on anything without knowing the least about him. Who are you to "judge a book by its cover"? Is this fair?

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne
    That about sums it up for me. Thanks, Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Spaulding
    Who are you to "judge a book by its cover"? Is this fair?
    It would cost me $8 to read within said book's cover. I'd rather judge by the cover for free.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    That about sums it up for me. Thanks, Doc.

It would cost me $8 to read within said book's cover. I'd rather judge by the cover for free.

I wasnt aware that this forum was a God Fearing forum. Do all members wallow in fear from the Admins? Must we all brown nose? Just curious. Should I TOO start this sickening act?

What the hell are you talking about? I agreed with him - that doesn't mean I'm kissing butt.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    What the hell are you talking about? I agreed with him - that doesn't mean I'm kissing butt.
    Sorry about that, I guess I went ahead and judged a book by its cover, My how misinformed an opinion can be when you do that...

Case in point!

What's stupid is that you have all these people saying "Why doesn't he just join Al Queida(sp?)?"

I don't think he's anti-American or even unAmerican. I don't think he's a genius, but I do wish there were more people like him. He's more anti-war than anything else, and Bush just happens to be pro-War, which is why he's anti-Bush. What I'm sick of is how people are so closed minded to throw everything in the garbage about what this guy has to say...it's amazing how many stuck up and small minded people there are in this world...ESPECIALLY IN THE US.

I do plan on seeing Farenheit 9/11 sometime soon, because I think it's going to be interesting and I've always respected what he had to say, agree or disagree. Those who criticize what Michael Moore has to say and simply won't hear him because he goes against their beliefs are the most arrogant, ignorant, and small-minded people in the world. It's okay not to agree with his opinions, but to shun him just because you disagree with him just only proves his point, especially if you're American.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Spaulding
    Sorry about that, I guess I went ahead and judged a book by its cover, My how misinformed an opinion can be when you do that...

Case in point!
    Hey, it would be one thing if the movie were free. I already know enough to know that I wouldn't agree with what he says, so I'd rather not give him any of my money just so I can have a more informed opinion about him and his trash.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

He's good. I'm tired of all this Ann Coulter and Shaun Hannity crap, so I'm glad a liberal is getting the spotlight in the media. The last time this happened was when Fox News tried to sue Al Franken, and failed.

micheal Moore is good because he's creating a shift of focus.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think Michael Moore is a crap head because he takes the concept of journalistic integrity and throws it out the window. (And before anyone says anything, his films are technically documentaries, so he SHOULD be following journalistic precepts)> He stoops right down to Anne Coulter's level in my opinion (and you have to realize, for me, THAT'S saying something) by not presenting a fair case and lambasting anyone who thinks differently from himself (ie:thinks for themselves). If you're looking for some GOOD documentaries, check out those done by Big Noize Productions. They're very left wing, but they present their cases in a straight forward, and almost unbiased fashion.

Signature by rubah. I think.

The guy is a hypocrite stupid white man. An yeah he is biased and so is his recent film he has made, he's a good documentary film maker, the guy knows how to edit stuff, and make it all look good in a biased way, to the point where it looks like a propaganda film. Just wait tell a fair and balanced conservative documentary comes out. I will not see or rent the movie, fahrenheit 9/11, knowing my money will go to him. I will download it maybe.