Thread: What is the name of Seifer's gunblade???

What is the name of Seifer's gunblade???

I need to know what is the name of Seifer's gunblade, Squall's is the leonheart, or i think it is, but, not of Seifer's. If anyone can tell me! Please do so!!!!!

EDIT: Please do not post in a thread just to bump it. Also do not double post. Your thread will be answered in time.

Hyperion
    lol signature

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

and it's the Lionheart

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep. Seifer's gunblade is the Hyperion; Squall's best weapon is the Lion Heart.

HEy thanks alot!!! I really needed that^^ now I can go and start making his gunblade^^

Taller than most monkeys Lehteb's Avatar

How does knowing the name of an imaginary and physically impossible weapon help you make one?
    Forever inserting random chocobos

i was wondering that too.... Is he actually making it? or trying to synth it? because you CAN'T synth the Hyperion if thats what you want to do....

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm guessing that Jet_2298 is planning to make a replica, not upgrade one in a Junk Shop in the game.[q=Lehteb]How does knowing the name of an imaginary and physically impossible weapon help you make one?[/q]There's nothing physically impossible about the Hyperion, except that the real thing would be hellishly heavy to wield with one hand the way Seifer does. It's thick steel, so it'd weigh a lot, but besides that it's perfectly plausible. Basically just a semi-automatic pistol with a blade built into it.

I think the idea behind "Physically Impossible" would be the whole "fires energy bullets in order to charge blade" thing... but for the record, i think it's a wee it harder than you make it out to be, to form a replica. Someone would have capitalized on that idea long long ago and made a substantial amount of denari. but as i've found in my furvor for finding one, no one has. and as far as the weight, it could be solved by using Aluminum, or Aluminum Alloys instead of steel. Thats how they got Buster Sword replicas to be plausible (i forget where i saw one, but they called it the "Fantasy Sword" to keep their butts out of court)

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

To make a working metal gunblade = very hard.

To make a REPLICA, like those used for cosplay = easy.
    These are generally made out of wood or plastic, and can even be found on eBay or through prop commission sites. Tons of people make gunblade replicas to go as either Squall or Seifer (sometimes even Rinoa) to anime conventions.

I believe this is the kind of replica Big D meant.

yeah,i can see your point. I generally use the word "replica" to describe something non working, but pretty much identical otherwise. Otherwise, I call it a prop. Just my way of speaking, that unfortunately taints my perception sometimes...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    There's nothing physically impossible about the Hyperion, except that the real thing would be hellishly heavy to wield with one hand the way Seifer does. It's thick steel, so it'd weigh a lot, but besides that it's perfectly plausible. Basically just a semi-automatic pistol with a blade built into it.
    I imagine Seifer uses the momentum gathered by spinning around to wield it effectively.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the gunblade is not an impossible weapon. however the blade would be very heavy to take the strain of the bullet passing so close to the side of it. I made a model one out of steel before for tech and it would work however the drum on mine holds roundsover 50 caliber so I couldnt get them if I tried

Make it out of nanomachines. That would be sweet, and you could pack in nanodisassemblers in the bullets and on the blade that disintegrate the surface of whatever you're striking. *drools*

Nah, ti's not impossible. Actually the french used to use them fairly effectively. it was two and a half foot or so blade attached to a standard issue revolver. But the idea of a FF VIII gunblade IS impossible. the gun does not fire a BULLET at anything, it fires and energy bullet INTO the blade, and charges it up for a powered slash.

so, uh....magic sword, not sword gun.