Thread: Your Sound System.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Smile Your Sound System.

What's your sound system like? I'm not just referring to your television, Hi-Fi and Stereo here, I'm talking about any sound system setup you might happen to have in your home.

What's it like? Are you satisfied with it? Was it expensive?

I have two very old speakers downstairs that are linked up to my DVD player. They're not fantastic by any means, but they do their job fairly well when you take their age into consideration. Also, I have a nice set of Cambridge Soundworks speakers hooked up to my PC, and they're very nice. They generate crystal clear sound, and the quality of the bass is quite unbelievable.

So, talk about your sound system(s), please.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

recently i've just bought a dolby digital soundsystem and i connected to my dvd player.the sound of the movies are just like the cinema's sound.
    i am very satisfied by its performance it is really great.(well,i paid it with my hair of my head)!

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

I bought a philips hi fi from Dixons for £90 and plugged it into my PS2. Devil May Cry the way it should be played... Ear Splittingly loadly. For £90 a bargain.

4.1 Cambridge Soundworks Surround sound on my computer, for listening to music.

And then crepe Labtec PC speakers that I use on my TV because it has a horrible internal speaker that's squashed onto the side of it and gives terrible sound, the speakers aren't that bad, but give crackle and hiss at high volumes, unlike my PC speakers.

I think, if I had more money, I'd spend it on a better TV before I got a decent sound system.

<B>Room:</B> Panasonic 5 Disc CD changer with dual powered sub-woofers
    <B>PC:</B> Koss Powered Subwoofer with 2 little speakers
    <B>Car:</B> two 6"x9" oval Infinity speakers with pivoting centre mounted tweeter, and two 2"x2" rockford fosgate "Punch" door speakers. I also have a 600 watt 2 channel rockford fosgate amp (glows red), buuuut, thats not installed yet. (i don't even have a car anymore)

I'm lookin to get rid of my 2x2 rockfords and amp, and go with straight Infinity sounds system.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just speakers on my computer. I don't know? I can hear things and they sound good, so I'm happy.
    rawr

In the front, we have a Sony sterio with DVD hook-up. The DVD can also double-up as a CD player, so we're all set there.

Speakers on my computer. From Boston. Not the best computer speakers in the world, but they do a worthy job.

In the back room, same room the computer is in, we have an Aiwa sterio system with speakers. Not as hi fi as the Sony, but pretty cool for what it is.