Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Bad celebreties gone good

This is a thread to show off those actors, musicians, etc... that had horrid or embarrassing starts but managed to gain some popularity (somewhat). Plus I always think it's interesting to see where celebreties came from or watch an old movie or listen to old music only to exclaim, "Oh crap, I didn't know so-and-so had anything to do with this!".

Mark Wahlberg (a.k.a Marky Mark)

(Thread inspired when Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch came on the radio)
    Figaro Castle

Janet Jackson had two albums before Control. They were both bubble-gummy pop-ish and really bad. Then she released Control, and it's all uphill from there.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I used to detest Christina Aguilera, but some of her new stuff isn't that bad, I guess. Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't buy any of her music, but it isn't as ear-piercingly awful as it used to be.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Peter Jackson was famous for directing really cheesy B horror movies before his 'big break' with the LotR movies. Stuff like Dead Alive and Meet the Feebles. Of course... Dead Alive was a bajillion times better than any of the LotR movies so may be this is a case of good celebrities gone bad?

And of course, Sam Raimi was in a similar situation with his awesome Evil Dead series, Darkman, etc. But then he got Spider-man, but Spider-man was good, at least. (At least the second one was).
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Elijah Wood and Tobey Maguire. From dopey kids to not-as-dopey actors.

Angelina Jolie

ever since she became a mom she went good...

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Madonna is not as risque as she once was.

I honestly cannot think of anymore.