Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favourite position...

From behi...

Oh. >_>;;

My tv is set up 2 feet from my computer, so I can play videogames/watch tv and sit at the computer until my hearts content. ;P

Mint.ier Than A Mouthful of Tic-Tacs!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

There are six positions for me. It all depends on my mood, and my body-mood. And what I'm eating, if anything. Three are for when in the lounge and three for when on my computer in my room. As most of my gaming is done on the PS2 in the lounge, I will concentrate on these positions.

Lounge Positions
    Kicking Back On The Couch - The KBOTC position requires a couhc of BoBflatesque proportions (tall arms, say a foot above the base-cushions of the two-seater couch), a decent sized yet soft cushion (so I can mould it to my back) and a lack of bad back. The couch can be found here, although the picture is quite frankly awful. To assume the KBOTC position, one would place the cushion against the arm of the couch furthest from the television and lie back so that one's shoulders/upper back were resting on said cushion. One would then place one's feet on the opposite couch-arm. The controller of the PS2 would be held or relaxed anywhere below the ribcage and above the knee, depending on what one found comfortable.

Down On The Ground - The DOTG position is well known in all households. There are two major variations, one being DOTG-OYS (On Your Side) and the other being DOTG-OYE (On Your Elbows). It is often wise to consider the texture of the ground when taking this position. There are some surfaces where one or both of the positions are not reccomended for long (or short, in some cases) periods of time.
    OYS - One would lie down on the ground on one's side. While this does lack the "E" that OYE has, this does not mean that elbows are not involved. The side that you are resting on would be raise off the ground and propped up on one elbow. The length of this arm between the elbow and the wrist would be relaxed along the ground, generally perpendicular or diagonally away and in front of one's body. The other arm would relax down in front of one's body and the hands should be close enough together so as to hold the PS2 controller.
    OYE - One would lie down this time not on one's side but rather with one's buttocks facing away from the ground and chest facing towards the ground. One would then prop one's upper body up from the ground using both elbows, with the length of one's arms from elbow to wrist relaxed on the ground in front of one's self. The hands should hold the controller in front of one's body.

Sitting On A Chair At The Table - The SOACATT position is especially useful if one is eating or drinking something that has a high possibility of spillage, such as cup'a'soup or (my personal main reason) two minute noodles. One must position themselves on a seat close to a table while ensuring the seat is facing towards the television, which ideally should cause the direction of sight to be at a tangent from the table (assuming one's table is circular, like it should be). One can then find a suitable holding position for their controller, be it resting on their lap or hovering in mid-air in front of their torso. Some people may prefer to rest one elbow on the table.

I hope these positions will be of use to you in the future.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

... You actually sat there and wrote all of that... oO;;

Such willpower... xD

Mint.ier Than A Mouthful of Tic-Tacs!

I sit, or lay out on my bed while gaming. kinda dangerous cause my bed is really comfy, so I fall asleep playing games regularily (sp?)
    this results in my FFX file being 504+hours long X_x

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac
    ... You actually sat there and wrote all of that... oO;;

Such willpower... xD
    It's BooB. He's weird like that. You'll get used to it. Or not, and just be freaked out daily.

Anyway, I usually sit at the foot of my bed, sometimes with tons of pillows stacked up behind me to lean back on. Occasionally I'll just lie down and play. If I have friends over, the computer chair is taken advantage of(I need a better computer chair, btw).