Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sony to unveil new Playstation in May.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

*Leaves a rose on Sega's grave*

The difference is that Nintendo has been pumping out great games here and there and if they do that as soon as the new console comes out, then Nintendo should be fine.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Quick, off topic note: It has been confirmed that the next Nintendo console will be backwards compatable with the GCN. w00t!
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Paladin_Cecil
    Quick, off topic note: It has been confirmed that the next Nintendo console will be backwards compatable with the GCN. w00t!
    That awsome news man, I didnt know that! :rock:
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

[qq=http://www.snpp.com/episodes/CABF01]Announcer: "Krusty the Klown" is brought to you by the new Gamestation 256: It's slightly faster ... to the max!

Bart: [watching on TV] 256? [groan] And I'm stuck with this useless 252? [he drop-kicks the system into the fireplace, where it slowly melts]

252: Don't destroy me! I can still make you happy ... to the max![/qq]

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Paladin_Cecil
    Nope, none of the companies have released the real names of thier console.
    No, but Nintendo has released the "codename" of their next console (The one after the GameCube). Just like the GCN was codenamed the Dolphin, the next Nintendo console shall be codenamed the "Revolution."

Quote Originally Posted by The Shoeless Hobo
    the next Nintendo console shall be codenamed the "Revolution."
    Rest in peace nintendo.
    Word/s.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The PlayStation is too...settled-in for Nintendo to take a hold over it. Besides, The XBox overtook the GC in terms of sales (Except in Japan) anyway, pushing the GC into third place.

The thing is, the general public (well, outside of Japan) don't want games like Zelda. They want things like GTA. Even if Zelda is better than GTA (Which I don't believe, but some might), it's sales that matter. Nintendo just doesn't have the "cool" image of Sony. What's cooler, going around as some elf on a talking boat, or blowing someone's head off with a shotgun and then stealing their car?

Without a good image, Nintendo won't sell. If you don't sell software, you don't make money, and if you don't make money, it doesn't matter how good your games are. You're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    The PlayStation is too...settled-in for Nintendo to take a hold over it. Besides, The XBox overtook the GC in terms of sales (Except in Japan) anyway, pushing the GC into third place.
    Yes, but the GC continued to shift a fairly good number of units in all territories. Last year in Japan, Nintendo and Sony sold thousands of consoles a day. X-Box often struggled to break into double figures. Whereas Gamecube sold poorly is the US, the X-Box was an outright failure in Japan.

Anyway, last month in Europe, the Nintendo Gamecube had a 32 percent market share. When you consider Sony's current domination of the gaming market, that's not too shabby, and certainly higher than the X-Box. If you include Nintendo's massive earnings from its handhelds, it doesn't look like they'll be in financial trouble any time soon.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Czanthor
    Yes, but the GC continued to shift a fairly good number of units in all territories. Last year in Japan, Nintendo and Sony sold thousands of consoles a day. X-Box often struggled to break into double figures. Whereas Gamecube sold poorly is the US, the X-Box was an outright failure in Japan.
    Yeah, it really was a failure in Japan, but I suppose that is because it's not a Japanese company, and the Japanese didn't take very well to that, especially as Nintendo and Sony had been established in Japan for many years. As well as the fact that the XBox is seen as a serious console, with no "novelty" games. Still, what I found amusing was Microsoft's "Secret XBox booths" in Japan, where Japanese people could sample the XBox without the shame of friends or family seeing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Czanthor
    Anyway, last month in Europe, the Nintendo Gamecube had a 32 percent market share. When you consider Sony's current domination of the gaming market, that's not too shabby, and certainly higher than the X-Box. If you include Nintendo's massive earnings from its handhelds, it doesn't look like they'll be in financial trouble any time soon.
    Well, we all know Nintendo did drop the price of the GC substantially, and plus some retaillers, like Argos for example, dropped them without Nintendo's backing, which boosted sales nonetheless.

*Sigh* I'll cry if Nintendo resorts to creating games like GTA, unless they're actually worth playing.

Yeah Nintendos got the classics. Mario, Metroid, and Mario Kart. And thats just a few that start with M. Zelda kicks ass. Better than GTA. If sailing on a talking ship isn't your thing why not try your hand at sword stabbing? I get more joy from killing my foes with a sword than with a sniper rifle.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by square_is_the_best
    Yeah Nintendos got the classics. Mario, Metroid, and Mario Kart. And thats just a few that start with M. Zelda kicks ass. Better than GTA. If sailing on a talking ship isn't your thing why not try your hand at sword stabbing? I get more joy from killing my foes with a sword than with a sniper rifle.
    Tru' dat. I don't understand what people like about GTA. The games are exactly the same.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by square_is_the_best
    But do they sell as well as GTA? The answer is no. In reality, it doesn't matter how good a game is to a developer/publisher, just as long as it sells well. Without the sales, they're done for.

Close enough to keep Nintendo from releasing remakes like the GTA series.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

Nintendo should start naming Mario games Hero of Princess-Raping Dragon and Zelda games Killer Elf: Link: Killer of Time and Seller of Death.