Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81822232425262728

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII Trivia

What is the best spell to junction to your st-attack if you want to take down a T-Rexaur?
    Sleep.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm thinking longer term.

sleep wears too easily

Articles

Sleep is what is recommended for fighting in the Training Center at the beginning of the game, but when you're not talking about specific circumstances (ie. minimal magic at the game's beginning), the answer is kind debatable.

I found that the T-Rexaur had a relatively low St-Defense to Death in comparison to many of the other monsters on the Islands Closest to Heaven & Hell, so when I equipped 100 Death's to my St-Attack, I could instantly kill them, roughly every other hit. Sometimes I'd get lucky and kill them four or five times in a row in one hit, so I suppose that's my answer: Death.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I suppose Death is a better answer than what I had been thinking of: Pain.

They can't attack you, and they die very very quickly from being poisoned(especially if you're still hitting them) But I guess instant death is better than death in a few turns.

your turn^^

I answer Darkness then (personally, I just use degenerator on them) because it is likely to succeed and renders the T-Rexaur fairly useless. (he still can hit though) My characters are always able to deal with the T-Rexaur by just using sleep once, though, so that is why that was my first answer. Personally, if you are just talking about eliminating them later on, I just use degenerator. By the way, Death is less likely to work than 50%, you must have got lucky.
    EDIT: Seeing your post, pain is approximately equivalent to darkness except for the poison. (which I find useless as you can only get pain near the end=use degenerator instead)
    Poison takes at least 8 turns to kill a level 100 T-Rexaur.
    (Argh, debatable questions are annoying (what is the best=what is the most useful for any individual, as a lot of people want to finish the T-Rexaur before he can blink) that is why when I made questions about character's limits I said "what is the most potentially damaging".)
    P.S. if you are trying to devour T-Rexaurs, use Sleep, because it allows you to use triple demi at will and doesn't kill the T-Rexaur out of hand.
    Last edited by Auronhart; 12-27-2004 at 12:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just smack him once with pain junctioned, then pull out an antidote *shrugs* it's easier than changing my junctions. (pain is really useful on the island closest to hell@.@)

Doesn't sleep wear off after a few turns though? and indirectly it wouldn't kill him at all, and neither would darkness which is why I like pain so much^_^ it=no other actions whatsoever.

I just smack him once with pain junctioned, then pull out an antidote *shrugs* it's easier than changing my junctions. (pain is really useful on the island closest to hell@.@)
    Doesn't sleep wear off after a few turns though? and indirectly it wouldn't kill him at all, and neither would darkness which is why I like pain so much^_^ it=no other actions whatsoever.
    Not fast enough for him to survive. Degenerator is always faster then waiting, and it works every time + can kill off any regular monster in one hit. I just junction initiative to Quistis, put the battle speed on the slowest speed and put her HP in the yellow. Then as soon as an enemy appears, I use degenerator which results in super fast leveling. For the devouring business, I use sleep because you can finish him off in peace (he doesn't do any attacks which waste your time, actually I cast triple sleep on him) and then cast triple demi until his hp is low enough and finally you can devour him.

Articles

Alrighty then Auronheart, go ahead and ask the question. I agree that it's impossible to give a concrete answer to the last question, and I'm stumped and pressed for time at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

But that's the thing, I meant the question as in 'what spell can kill him' without another turn. degenerator takes another turn and isn't a part of the original spell

but you can go if you want^_^ I guess I made it too vague.

But that's the thing, I meant the question as in 'what spell can kill him' without another turn. degenerator takes another turn and isn't a part of the original spell
    You didn't say that in your question, but I guess you understand that, so I won't push it any further. (I exclusively use degenerator when I'm leveling, so it doesn't require me to cast any spells. (but I would still prefer to cast sleep and then degenerator if given a choice) Best spell to use !=Spell which will eliminate without any other attacks.)
    What attack(s) does the final boss (any form) have which do a consistent (lets say + or - 1000 from any value) amount of damage. (in all cases) Hopefully this question is not very vague. (just to clarify, the above means that the attack(s) must be independent of characters stats)

Hmm................well I know that Hell's Judgement (Final Form) reduces all characters HP to one, no matter what the stats. Very useful for Lionheart

There's Shockwave pulsar, but that seems to vary.....

Great Attractor.....hmm, I can't remember that ones damage.....
    Last edited by ~SilverWings~; 12-29-2004 at 10:08 PM.
    Stay with me, until the end. Please...

Not until the end. Forever.

.......Forever then.

~mossy~

(GreenDay Rock )

Manymanymany thanx to Zacks Clone for the super siggy

Hmm................well I know that Hell's Judgement (Final Form) reduces all characters HP to one, no matter what the stats. Very useful for Lionheart
    Yes, but the damage isn't always the same.
    Ahh, whatever, I'll just give it to you, because you did mention the attack I was looking for which was Great Attractor. (Shockwave Pulsar does vary, with 255 spr it does less than 1000 damage (I think it was around 300))