Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unhappy R.I.P.

Today, at 8:39 PM at Potomac Hospital, my dad has passed away. I just want to inform everyone here. This is really sad, and I don't think I'll be staying around for awhile, as I will temporarily close the tournament in awhile, and probably get adjusted to life without my dad. I appreciate any thoughts and prayers while my dad was suffering through cancer. It just seemed that his time was up an hour ago to a better place.

His name is Bill, and if you would like to say something for me or my deceased father, you may do so. Even if you do not know him at all. Thank you.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

That's very sad new, Proto. I'm very sorry to hear that. At least he won't have to suffer the pain of cancer anymore and may him rest in peace.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sorry to hear that, Jeff. I never know what to say that doesn't just sound stupid at times like this. But you and your family are in my thoughts (and prayers, if I prayed), and if you need anything I could somehow do, don't hesitate to ask. *hugs*

Well. If its any consolation, I kinda know what its like to not have a father, as I haven't seen him in over 13 years. My condolences to you and your family.
    lol signature

Proto, I am so extremely sorry to hear about your father. Lately, I've had a lot of deaths in my family resulting of cancer ( my grandmother then my aunt and my great grandfather before that ) but none as close as a parent. I'm sure the blow is deep and I honestly wish I could say the right thing to make it less painful for you but I know I can't. Nonetheless, my condolences are just as strong as anyone's who are close to you.
    May your father's soul rest in peace and may your soul find ease soon, Proto. I'll keep you in my prayers and I'll be thinking of you while you are away.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

No words can ever ease the pain or anguish one feels when they lose a loved one, especially to an illness.

Know only that in life he was loved by many and returned that love to many and that now he can rest easy in the next life. He shall never truly be gone so long as he is remembered and his memory is cherished.

I'm sure, more than anything else, he wouldn't want you to carry the burdens of his passing with you through the rest of your life. Rather, now, more than ever, live your life on your own terms, make the most of what you have and don't take anything for granted.

May you find strength with your family, and may you all find some degree of comfort in light of such an awful event. Be strong, and don't ever let your father slip away, but always keep him close to your heart.

Take so much care one and all, cherish each day you live.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The words don't exist that will make things any better. I suppose everybody's got to lose their father at some point, but it surely shouldn't be until later in life.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys
    The words don't exist that will make things any better. I suppose everybody's got to lose their father at some point, but it surely shouldn't be until later in life.
    Exactly, he hasn't been the best father figure, but he is my father figure, and I wish he could live to see any grandchildren or not. *sigh* I already miss him.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Really sorry to heart that Proto...good luck coping and adjusting, and may your father rest peacefully now.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I'm sorry about your dad, Proto. I've only lost grandparents, and that felt horrible, so I can't even imagine how much it hurts to lose a parent. Like Mik said, the only consolation (not that it's a good one), is that he isn't suffering anymore.
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Just recently (as in Friday) I've had the same happen to me. My great uncle, (who was more of a father to me than my actual father) put a pistol in his mouth and pulled the trigger. So yeah dude, I feel your pain. Sorta. Keep the power.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That sucks, man.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I know your pain, my mom passed away four years ago due to a heart attack, I know EXACTLY how you feel..., I'm sorry...
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

I hope to never know what it is like living without a father. You will surely be in my prayers.