Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's the father of who?

Default Who's the father of who?

Alright...I'm new to the thread so bear with me if this has already been posted--i dont have the time to wade through 500+ posts--obviously Julia is the mother of Rinoa, but has anyone given it a thought that Laguna could be her mother...if you talk to Raine at the begining of disc two, she says that Julia got married after her "lover" ran away and immediately had a child with Caraway. She then wrote the song that Rinoa doesnt like for some reason.

Also I've read a lot of posts that believe Squall is Laguna's son--from Raine Apparently? Or someone else?

Obviously Ellone is not Laguna's daughter, but is Ellone really Squall's older half sister, so he always calls her sis?

I'm just curious what some of u think.....

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

That FFVIII Question sticky has the answers really. Laguna is Squall's father, Raine is Squall's mother, Julia is Rinoa's mother, and Caraway is Rinoa's father.

As for Ellone, I do not think she was related to Squall.

Default Isnt Ellone Raine's Daughter?

If ellone is Raine's daughter then they'd be half siblings wouldnt they/

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

She's not Raine's biological daughter. Raine had adopted her. Ellone's parents were killed by esthar soldiers.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Julia + Caraway = Rinoa
    Raine + Laguna = Squall
    Ellone = unknown Winhill couple
    End of STORY.
    Read the FAQ for goodness sakes: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=36341

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaBlizzard8
    Read the FAQ for goodness sakes: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=36341
    Hear hear.

Anyway, Rinoa is too young to be Laguna's daughter. In order for her to be Laguna's daughter she'd have to be older than Squall (she isnt) or Laguna would have had to leave Raine to go back and get it on with Julia while she was married to Caraway (he didnt).

And Ellone is not in any way related to Squall or anyone else in the game. When Laguna talks to the picture of Ellone's parents he says "Ellone's mom and dad, blah blah blah."

One of the (few) neat things about Squall and Rinoa's relationship is that it's sort of a continuation of the love that was there (at least on Julia's part, it seemed just a silly crush for Laguna) between their parents but was never acted on.

Does Laguna know that Squall is his son? If so, why does he never tell Squall that he is his dad?

OOC:Your name is slang for "poo-poo" in Hindi. Just to let you know.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by chichi
    Does Laguna know that Squall is his son? If so, why does he never tell Squall that he is his dad?
    He seems to, yes. He and Kiros and Ward seem to hint at it, and I'm pretty sure Laguna tells Squall that 'When this is all over, we need to have a talk.' He probably reveals it all to him after the end of the game... maybe he didnt want to weigh Squall down with too much emotional crapola before the final battle.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez
    OOC:Your name is slang for "poo-poo" in Hindi. Just to let you know.
    Ha ha, I guess I'm queen of the dung pile then! I use Chichi in honour of Chichi from Dragonball z and my beloved cat, who is also called Chichi.
    TheAbominatrix, thanks for clearing that up for me. I wish we had of got to see laguna tell Squall that he is dad(if he is in infact his dad). Do you think Squall suspects his dad is Laguna?
    Last edited by chichi; 07-22-2004 at 02:04 PM.

Honestly, I don't think Squall picks up on it too much. He is much too distracted by the events surrounding defeating the sorceress and taking care of Rinoa than about his relationship with Laguna "the moron," as he puts it. I'm not saying he doesn't suspect it at all, but there's no hard evidence in the game that he does, and its unlikely to be high on his list of priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix

Rinoa would have to be older than Squall (she isnt)
    Rinoa is older than Squall, by 6 months
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

I believe TheAbominatrix's point is that she's have to be much older than ONLY 6 months for it to work out.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Oh she is? My mistake. edit: man I'm still half asleep, I forget my point. Anyway, for Rinoa to be Laguna's daughter yet only six months older than Squall wouldnt account for Laguna's travel time, the time he spent hurt, and the time spent wooing Raine... that had to be longer than three months (if my tired brain is working right, Raine would have to be pregnant three months after Julia in order for Squall and Rinoa's age difference... and it took longer than three months for Laguna to get around, so Laguna isnt Rinoa's dad.)

Bah, did that make sense?

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

I'm somewhat confused as to why a six month age difference results in a three month pregnancy difference, but that could be me missing something.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.