Thread: ESPN NFL 2K5 for $19.99?!!!

Default ESPN NFL 2K5 for $19.99?!!!

When I first saw this on the Gamestop homepage, I thought they meant the guide.

But good God, it's actually true. I saw the game itself and it is utterly amazing. I was shocked at how well the game played and how damn good the game looked. I was never a fan of sports titles, but the fact that this is a new high quality game makes it almost too good to past up.

Now I hear ESPN NHL 2K5 and NBA 2K5 are also scheduled to be $19.99. I hope it works, because Madden's quality of gaming hasn't been that great in recent years and I've seen all the praise ESPN titles have been given. I'm seriously considering getting this game...hell, I'm getting the game this weekend.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you serious??!?!

I'll check it out then.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Where the hell have you guys been? This is old news.

Its their way to compete with EA. Lower price but a good game will attract new customers and it will still turn a good profit because sports games are nothing more than tweeks and roster updates.

I plan on getting NBA 2K5.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd rather buy Madden 2005. After reading a review of both in EGM, Madden looks a lot better.

Plus I've bought the last 5 Madden games, so I don't plan on stopping now.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Hopefully they'll continue this until 2007, which is my Football update year.

I buy an NFL, NBA, and MLB game every 3rd year, comparatively. I bought MLB this year, and next year I'll buy NBA Live or NBA 2k5, whichever one is better.

I haven't bought a Madden title since Madden 98 for the SNES. My brother brought home Madden 2002, but the game wasn't as good as I had hoped.

But after playing ESPN NFL 2K5, the game is really amazing. I'm seriously considering getting ESPN NBA 2K5, it'll be my first NBA game since NBA Live 95...practically a decade ago...for the SNES.