Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer FF9?

Default Multiplayer FF9?

Yes its true FF9 is two player(somewhat) you can go to the controller settings or something like that and add one of your friends and they can play with you as 2 of the other characters but player one still controls everything on the world map. YES THIS IS TRUE!!!!!!

I couldn't remember whether FFIX had this feature or not. It's a pretty pointless addition, really, since you could just swap the controller around, and get the same effect.

Can't see why you'd want to play FFIX two-player anyway.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

yes, the two player controls is kinda pointless in my oppinion.
    [center]
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don't think the two played controls are pointless
    One with the Spirit of a wolf

It has no use if only one person can control on the field. If two would be possible, then it may be interestting.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Hmm, it's okay. It's a nice feature if you're with a friend or something... So s/he doesn't have to be bored watching you playing the game. Also, it makes the gameplay a little more exciting by giving the battle another's perspective and opinions on abilities and moves.

Blog Entries

Something REALLY interesting whould be if you could play 2player AGAINST each other! Like, player1 have the battle options to the left and player2 have them to the rigth etc. That would be cool.

Yeah, that would be cool. To bad, Square-Enix isn't reading this forum.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I played it 2 player with a friend for a while, not that exciting, we just were in charge of two characters each in battle, which might have been kinda fun later on but not at the beginning. Not a really useful feature.
    rawr

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by polyonymous
    yes, the two player controls is kinda pointless in my oppinion.
    I agree.

w00t for 2 player!!! I love 2 player final fantasy's. It is a new way to make each one more challenging because you have to work together which isn't always easy. IV, V, and VI also feature multiplayer and my friend and I have played them all that way. Now we just wish VII had multiplayer even if one person would only control 1 character.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I think I've once played FF9 in multi-player. That was when I was trying to help my brother to get started with the game. He was doing the melee fighting with Zidane and Steiner while I was controlling Vivi and Dagger and had them cast spells when needed.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's pretty cool. I remember hearing about it, but I never tried it. Personally it sounds better than switching controls, cause if you have little cousins like me who are a pain in the butt, they don't give the controller back.

Throwback to FFVI there.

This would be fun when both players are newbies with the game. One could have the guide and tell the other where to go while out of battle. Then, when in battle, they could work together to pull of some nifty stuff.

That would requite a lot of patience for both players though, 'cause they'd always be saying stuff like, "don't do that, I was planning to" or, "you jackass, I wanted to kill him." Then there are those who would intentionally attack the other player, just because s/he can (I really don't like when people do that).

:shoot: