Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Olympics Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unofficial Olympics Thread

Okay, anyone READY FOR EXCITEMENT?!!!

Well, maybe not. But personally, I always loved the Summer games. I mean the Winter games are fun to watch, but the summer games is where my heart is.

I'm always hyped up about the Olympics because they are only held every 4 years, it's always a great opportunity to watch something rare. This year however, I'm sorely disappointed in Greece's preparation for the Olympics.

There has been blackouts, traffic jams, lackluster ticket sales, and poor security in Athens and the Athens area. I mean I know the committee didn't have a crystal ball in 1996 when they made this decision, but this is really pathetic. I personally thought the Sydney games were the best Olympics(Winter or Summer) period. There's nothing from the Greek government to make me change that.

Not only that, the US isn't sending its best athletes now. There's doping allegations involved and I've lost all faith in Marion Jones. Tim Montgomery, the self proclaimed fastest man ever, didn't even come close to qualifying...and neither did Marion Jones. The only true favorite now is Maurice Greene, who is one of my favorite athletes ever. He even criticized Jones and Montgomery(fellow US track athletes) and felt they should be banned for good, and I agree.

The Dream Team is sending its B-List stars(with exception to Tim Duncan and Allen Iverson) and could be the worst Dreamteam since the Dreamteam started back in 1992. All because NBA players are lazy and don't want to go because they're too spoiled.

My gold medal predictions: I think Michael Phelps will win at least 3 gold medals in swimming, the Yugoslavia or Argentina team to get gold in basketball, Maurice Greene(USA) to win the 100m dash and set a new record, and the Chinese national team to win gold in gymnastics(men).

I haven't read all the articles, but I'm catching up on it. But I'm just a huge fan of these games...they make me watch sports I would never watch outside of the Olympics like track and field, swimming, skiing, etc.
    Last edited by Dingo Jellybean; 08-04-2004 at 12:30 AM.