Thread: Oh my God, like, cool! - Newbie Pack Suggestions

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Oh my God, like, cool! - Newbie Pack Suggestions

As you know I have a habit of having a newbie pack which I unload on unsuspecting newbies to inform and make them think I have some importance here *giggles*, anyways this time to save me some effort post here if you want to be included and also post any ideas of anything in particular that I should mention, thanks guys (SPOILER)Love you all <3

I'll post the base version of it tommorrow or the day after

Edit: Just adding the stuff I've written so far, and someones changed my title

Quote Originally Posted by As of 23rd July, 17:15
    Chi-wai and welcome to Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums ground zero, this welcome pack (version 7 and counting) will explain some of the basics for you and point out some real trouble makers you should poke the eyes out of, I mean be nice, play nice and never ever poke a knights eyes out >.> <.<

Anyways, from here you can branch out of the spammy grand central station we call General Chat to anywhere in the forum, which is luckly divided into 4 segements. Lets start with the CBD (Central Business District) known as General, this section covers both the less serious sides of life (General Chat, The Lounge and General Gaming) and some of the most serious sections as well (World Events, EoEO and Arts & Writing). For the more serious sectors of the board a no flaming or trolling system is in operation, spearheaded by the master of trouting Dr. Unne, if you follow the rules laid down in the FAQ and the Unnelicious Thread you'll be fine though. Alongside the serious sections is the lounge which is for TV and Music Discussions and the General Gaming Section where you can go and worship Joel (aka Olly), haha, sorry I shouldn't lie, its a place to discuss games and vote for Pokemon Snap

Following the track south you will get to the Site Staff strong hold known as the Loony FlyingShiva, which is usually docked at a small airship yard on the south side of town, here you can donate snippits of information and knowledge in return for praise from BoB (All praise is non refundable and can only be exchanged for a newbie chocobo avatar).

Still lost, or just having general problems? If you are you need to head to the West end of the city to give your West Side Story *Is shot*. This sector (Known as reference) contains all of the helpful sections, including Archies masterpeice and Linux Stronghold, the Help Forum and the Whining Forum where you can post feedback and suggestions for the site.

However beware, also on that side of town is the area known as the general archive, this section is larger then the MIT libury but still based on the same layout, however theres always alot of mist floating about and there have even been reports of some angry Something Aweful reporters slinking around trying to dig up dirt on everyone!

Heading east you will reach what used to be considered the main part of the forum, the old town, Square-Enix. This section covers all the Final Fantasy games and even the movies and other Square-Enix RPGS.
    Last edited by Baloki; 07-26-2004 at 03:48 PM.
    FOA

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you still drunk, Baloki? :o

I'm already mentioned in there, but maybe you should mention that W-Boats = BAoTW, because most regulars don't know that and newbies wouldn't know either.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    Are you still drunk, Baloki? :o

I'm already mentioned in there, but maybe you should mention that W-Boats = BAoTW, because most regulars don't know that and newbies wouldn't know either.
    If I was drunk Rye I would have spelt everything perfectly and said Hooters is a god

Good idea though
    FOA

I should be in there as a warning to any newbie entering the chatroom. They better have nigh-perfect grammar and spelling or I'll make the next few hours of their life hell. Either that or I'll go and eat some bagels.
    lol signature

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus
    I should be in there as a warning to any newbie entering the chatroom. They better have nigh-perfect grammar and spelling or I'll make the next few hours of their life hell. Either that or I'll go and eat some bagels.
    The first time I went into #eoff, the veteran members scared me. ;___;

xD Nice topic name.

Can I be mentioned in the BAoTW part, please?

I would like to be metioned please

I cant think of any ideas at the moment though...

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

What's this all about anyways?

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess
    What's this all about anyways?
    See this post:
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost....5&postcount=37
    for an example of the now out of date pack
    FOA

Hows about a link to the gosh-darned FAQ?
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Do you tell them to use the warn button if they find anything offenseive or something? If not, you should. And also the edit/delete button, if they don't already know about that. Let them know that only Administrators can change names, and that you can only request name changes once every three months, and that anyone who changes their name more often than not sucks. There are some exceptions, though.

Finally, you should state that it is common knowledge that everyone who registers should use my avatar. All the time. Always. Forever. Well, at least for the first few months. Man, I wish that was brought back into action.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Czanthor
    Hows about a link to the gosh-darned FAQ?
    Or we could replace the FAQ with Baloki's Newbie Pack.

Or perhaps not.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

I wanna be on it too. Just throw me in there somewhere.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by DSL
    If I was drunk Rye I would have spelt everything perfectly and said Hooters is a god
    but...he is! =O

a drunk god. =D

anyways. make sure I am in there with the rest of the BAoTWers.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Let them know that only Administrators can change names,
    Make sure to tell them to PM Loony BoB if they want a name change.

I must be mentioned somewhere. I don't care where.