Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's only one Proto.

about to insert the "P" disapointedchild's Avatar

Mines unique in more ways than one, because I cant spell, but I have grow to love it.

And if any one of you edgimacated people take my name and spell it as intended by that websters dictionary, I would be glad, cause then I would know how its actually spelled.
    Too big. The height limit is 250 pixels including images as well as text.

Disappointed Child

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It'd never happen. Not so much the name thing, but more so them getting confused with me. There have been a dozen or so Bob's, but the second capital B makes all the difference.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

A) Nope, but its rare that worth while members stick with those names (though some do), so I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them, plus I usually pay more attention to avatars for some reason.

B) It might bug me a little bit, though I've NEVER met anyone with my username(devilmaykickass) or one even similar to it...and some people have an odd reaction to it. Its kinda a n00bish name I suppose, and it is a tad 'controversial' here on EoFF (it even got changed while I was away once). I did have my name changed once, but I quickly wnet back to this one, and I now have a name I'm considering but I fear getting tired of it quickly again, and I don't wanna be a bugger.
    Last edited by DMKA; 07-24-2004 at 09:53 AM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    It'd never happen. Not so much the name thing, but more so them getting confused with me. There have been a dozen or so Bob's, but the second capital B makes all the difference.
    It sure does Bob, it sure does.

A) Do you feel confused seeing more than one person with similar names? (e.g. Squall, Squall82, SquallFFVIII, Squall4ever; Zell, Zell 007, Zell's Fists of Fury, Zell69)

Sometimes, but not usually.

B) How would you feel if someone registered with a similar name as your own? (e.g. as of now Agent Proto is the only known Proto, but someone registers as Proto Man and likes to be called by Proto)

I'd feel annoyed that they stole my name. There is only one Rusty and that is me. I'd probably harass them to change there name

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I doubt someone wants to put a random color and finish it with orb, dark orb looks pretty simitar though..
    BTW, Zell's Fists of Fury = Best name ever.. Same with cidrocks=genius, AlexFFXBlitzKing, Sephiroth_Lionhear88, SephyChanKawaii0342, Rinoa_angelofdarknes, etc.. yeah I love these sorts of names..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I get much more confused by name changes (Rye = Rikkuyuna89!? Didn't know untiil this thread, same with SRL Not being a typo of RSL, didn't know Kirobaito was Kind Bahamut until like two days ago ) , but yeah, sometimes too many of the FF## names get confusing.

If somebody else registered with a similar name, I don't think I'd mind very much, and it's not like a post enough to cause confusion .
    I disable signatures. Killjoy.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well there's plenty of people with Angel in their name but theres only one Fallen_angel_666 on any forum I go on (why there arent other fallen angels marked on them I dont know after all there are 36 variations of the fallen_angel_666 hotmail address the original belonging to me several years back not currently in use for personal reasons) Does it bother me though that there are members with names like ZellsFallenAngel? no not really as long as there doesnt exist a Fallen_Angel666 or something like that cause that would be annoying. I guess I am a pretty unique SN on this forum too YAY

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkpatrick
    I get much more confused by name changes (Rye = Rikkuyuna89!? Didn't know untiil this thread, same with SRL Not being a typo of RSL, didn't know Kirobaito was Kind Bahamut until like two days ago ) , but yeah, sometimes too many of the FF## names get confusing.

If somebody else registered with a similar name, I don't think I'd mind very much, and it's not like a post enough to cause confusion .
    I am this close to changing the text in my sig to "Rikkuyuna89 = Rye." xD

And same with me when KB changed his name.

EDIT: These name changes are really confusing me.

Default Sly like clams? Clams are pretty sly.

Quickly now, someone should seize this unique opportunity for comic hilarity and change their name to "Del Chowder."

(-o-)

-tie fighter

1. If two people who are new, or post little have similar names then I might have trouble telling them apart. But most members have different personalities/writing styles, which makes them easier to tell apart.

2. I guess if another Czanthor registered, I'd alter the spelling to make my own name different. Originally, I planned to make my name more complex as the months went on (Zanthor, Czanthor, Czanthorr etc.) until I ended up with something like Sczannethorrr, but then I noticed that Czanthor looked better than anything else I could come up with, so I stuck with that. Still, if another person with a similar name were to show up, I'd put that plan into action and re-establish my individuality.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Blog Entries

a) Yes. Its a conspiracy.
    b) Anyone who has a name like mine will be force-fed poison.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SeedRankLou
    And now everytime I see that I have to do a double take because I think I'm seeing RSL, who is a different person. And now that Baloki has renamed himself DSL, it's just all messed up. I think he did that purposefully to spite either me or RSL, or both.
    D = Danel (SPOILER)<3 Booby, even if he loves hooters more
    FOA

Blog Entries

I wish I had kept Bert oh well if someone were to name themselves like me I wouldn't really care. I may complain or something but deep down I wouldn't care.

EDIT: (Really deep down)