Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled Shows...

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Default Cancelled Shows...

chaos: Is it just me or do many really good shows get cancelled, while the really crappy ones continue on the air with more and more seasons?

Rubedo: I have only seen this in some cases, like certain Canadian humor shows, and my favorite anime, Gundam Wing were cancelled. But those other horrible comedies, Animes, Reality Shows etc. keep coming on with more and more seasons. So basically, are there any shows that you wish were never cancelled, and that they continue to air, and are there any shows that you wish that would just be cancelled already?
    Last edited by Trumpet Thief; 08-06-2004 at 05:07 AM.

I loved The Mole. The second season was cancelled, but it ended up finishing. They've done a few Celebrity Moles, but they were stupid. They're yet to do another one. I loved that show so much. It was so much more intelligent than all the other reality shows.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Family Guy.

I rest my case.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

According to good ol' Seth, there's new Family Guys coming out in 2005.

And I think Arrested Development was cancelled, though I'm not positive.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Probably was. It was way too smart to last. I hope a DVD comes out.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphier
    Family Guy.

I rest my case.

Ditto. Its better then the simpsons, and they still leave the simpsons running, even though its not that funny as the Family guy. Props though to the Simpsons for being on for so long though, I stopped watching them 4 years ago, when it still was cool.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by noname
    Ditto. Its better then the simpsons, and they still leave the simpsons running, even though its not that funny as the Family guy. Props though to the Simpsons for being on for so long though, I stopped watching them 4 years ago, when it still was cool.
    chaos: I agree. The newer episodes of Simpsons are getting plain stupid. The puns are idiotic, and it is way more unrealistic than it was before.

Rubedo: The older Episodes were hilarious, but the newer ones aren't great...

I really liked Greg The Bunny, but that didn't last long at all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Most live action Fox sitcoms don't last. The exceptions are Married With Children, Malcolm in the Middle, and, for some reason, The Bernie Mac Show. Fox is good in that they try out new ideas for shows but they never give them time enough to develop a following. I don't think anyone watched the first season of Seinfeld, but NBC gave it a chance and look what happened.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Also pretty much any animated show on MTV, their usually good but dont seem to last long before the get canned.

Sifl and Olly, MST3K and Bevis and Butthead.

There was a show on Teletoon called "Undergrads", which I thought was hilarious. I'm surprised only one season was made of it, although I do believe it was an MTV show.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Futurama.

I personally think that Futurama is one hundred times more amusing than the Simpsons, and if you stranded me on a desert island with a television, a DVD player and a choice between having all the Simpsons box set DVDs and all the Futurama box set DVDs, I'd take the Futurama ones.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Original shows: creative, intelligent, new, original.

Crappy shows: formulaic, predictable, universally comprehensible, expected.

Basically, original programs are too good for their own good. Most networks won't touch anything that's unconventional, because they can't tell how the masses will react. Advertisers won't sponsor something they haven't seen a dozen times before. It's easy to stick to the lame sitcoms and mindless reality driven that's been done to death over the past decade... it appeals to just enough people from the right demographics to make it profitable, and that is all that matters. If a TV station picks up something untried, there's the possibility that *gaps* it won't be liked by everyone; therefore it is devoid of any worth at all. Never mind that it'll have more impact on those it does reach, or that it'll set a new trend or gain popularity over time. With recycled dribble, they know for sure exactly who's gonna watch it.
    [/rant]

Occasionally, something new comes up and is wildly popular. Then it becomes the latest trend, and is subjected to relentless copying that reduces its worth incalculably. Police forensics programs are a good example.

Originally: One series = unique, fresh, creative.
    Today: Approx. 1,200 series = all identical and lacking in anything new or interesting.

FARSCAPE
    ANGEL
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza