Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When Odin does Zentetzuken; what do the characters say?

How could adding only one character change it that much? Then again, I know very little about the Japanese language, so I can only wait until it is absolutely confirmed to be true or false.

:shoot:

I'm not sure about this, but I think the japanese language has characters for whole words, not letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem
    Those are Norse Runes which read, 'Zantetsuken'. When Seifer kills Odin, the runes read, 'Zantetsuken Reverse'.
    If this is correct, then I found my answer .

I think that is correct, but they aren't Runes, they are japanese symbols.

Squaresoft could have just added the English translation in parenthesis at the bottom of the screen, but no, they had to be all "we don't like you, so you get text you can't read."

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLR
    I'm not sure about this, but I think the japanese language has characters for whole words, not letters.
    It has both. We do the same to a lesser extent with characters like &, $, %, #, and @. There's also the symbols for copyright, patent and trademark which I don't know the ascii code for so I'm not going to bother entering. Japanese just has a lot MORE symbols for more common words. They stole the idea from the Chinese. Because of this, anyone who can read Chinese can also read Japanese kanji. Anyone who can read Japanese fluently can read a very limited amount of Chinese.

© ® ™

Wonderful character map .

Check this out for scandinavian runes: http://www.susning.nu/Runor
    A pretty image a short way down. The site is in Swedish.

Cripes, I almost went berserk on your *** for declaring those squiggles norse runes!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.