Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Diffusion of Intelligence

Default The Diffusion of Intelligence

I wish to inform you of my most recent confirmed discovery titled "The Diffusion of Intelligence".

Most of you are aware of the mind-numbing impact of stupid people, but all major efforts to define this phenomenon have so far been unsuccessful. The observations are easy to note: people possessing a higher concentration of intelligence seem to lose it when interacting with people possessing very low concentrations of intelligence. Examples include loss of higher thought, loss of vocabulary, and loss of constructing coherent sentences.

However, the key question up until now has been "Where does this intelligence go?", for another observation has been that low concentrations of intelligence do not increase over time. Some have suggested that intelligence is not conserved, while others dispute that if that were true, then learning would be an impossibility, as it is essentially the transfer of intelligence from one source to another.

I have found that intelligence is indeed not conserved, and the objection is a flaw, since intelligence is not what is transferred in learning, it is knowledge. By distinguishing between the two, the theory of non-conservation of intelligence is upheld.

Still the phenomenon has not been explained. In order to understand this, we turn to the world of deep space, where black holes reside. Many are aware of the strange phenomenon that black holes are so dense, light cannot even escape their gravitational field. The symbolism to the situation I just studied is so remarkable, it has to be true. One objection arises: Dumb people cannot be dense with knowledge or intelligence, as they have been observed to possess very low concentrations of these items. The objection is dismissed by approaching the situation from a different angle: dumb people are lacking in intelligence, but very dense in idiocy. Much like the matter-dense black hole devours the non-matter light, so does the dense idiot devour the intelligence of the enlightened.

Since we all know this theory is true, don't bother contesting it; just tell of how this discovery has affected you in your day-to-day lives. Have you hugged your idiot today?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I don't hug idiots. I usually ask them a question and then when they can't answer it I proceed to laugh at them. It's much more amusing.

I hugged my grandpa a few days ago and he's old.
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

I'm so proud of you guys. I LOVE where this is going. *is serious*

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Everybody is an idiot. The people who realize that they are idiots are the cool ones and the ones who don't realize it are entertaining.

I have not hugged anyone today.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hugged my dog today.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Idiocy is like an accent. Everyone else is afflicted by it.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

I don't think intelligence is diffused or lost when one is around unintelligent people. i believe the intelligence simply lies dormant. perhaps it fell asleep from boredom, as the people of lesser intelligence could not stimulate the enlightened. i notice, that often times the intelligence will "wake up" after interaction with morons ends.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I hugged my Mother this morning, but she's not an idiot.

People can influence the behaviour of others with their mood, but I don't believe the same applies when you're associating with an "Idiot". Negativity, pessimism, happiness and optimism can rub off on you, but not stupidity.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

There's this wee Scottish lass who hugs me everyday.. and everytime I feel a little dumber. Could it be true?..

Everyone's an idiot when under certain circumstances. I'm an idiot when my scientific knowledfe is compared to that of quantum physicists, but they're idiotic when their social skills are compared to mine. This means, in effect, that everyone you hug is an idiot.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

An uncle of mine is a very clever person but associating with idiots doesn't make him dumber. He claims it makes him smarter because he learns what an idiot would do and doesn't do it.

:whaaa: I've adopted this smiley

Evreyone's an idiot. Just in different ways.

I don't hug.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I believe it's more of a communal mindset thing. When you're around others, you tend to emulate certain behaviors, in this case, stupidity. Case in point: Lynch mobs, riots, etc. As soon as the group overtakes the self, the IQ drops to the single digits. Rebuttal?

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I hugged myself today.
    Grab the opportunities life hands you, that's my motto!