Thread: Battle Royale

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Default Battle Royale

Wow, this was the best movie I have ever seen. It kept me at the edge of my seat until the very last second. This was, of course, the first movie.

*SPOILERS*
    Now, on to the sequel. Was anyone else disappointed? I had very high expectations for this movie. I liked it, so don't get me wrong, but it just didn't live up to the first movie, IMO. What the fornicate was up with the ending? Nanahara and Taku went up against 50 billion soldiers with a pistol and, what was it, an AK47? How did they survive?
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

While the book was worth the fifteen dollars I spent, the movie was not even worth the time I spent purchasing it off kazaa.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I quite like the first movie, although I fell asleep watching it the second time through xD

I have the second but only in Japanese with no subtitles, and haven't got around to watching it all yet.

The first is kinda funny, parts like the hyperactive Japanese girl in the tutorial video. Plus that main guy is HOT. And lots of cute girls. Yay. Fun fun.
    rawr

I really liked the movie, I thought it'd be really scary cuz I heard it was gory but, not too bad, I could stomach it It was really interesting, I can't wait to read the second manga, I do like the manga.. they have much cuter guys than the movie.. the main guy wasn't very cute in the movie which was disappointing. But the computer whizz guy was hot.

"Ouch"

I do not mean to revive an old thread, I just thought it was not enough to create a new thread about this movie.

I just saw it today, and even though I liked it, I think that the ending was a little disappointing. At first, I thought that the beggining was the end (what would be awesome in my lowly opinion), and I thought that the ending was a little too happy for such a violent movie.

I don't like the idea of a sequel using the characters that survived the first one. It would be much more interesting to see another BR, with new damn kids, new weapons, more violence, and all that stuff...

But it was a great idea for a movie, it was worth the time I spent watching it. Violent and fun, and it's always good to see some cute japanese girls, after all... Yeah.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

as did you, i thought the girl at the start was the winner and we were going to see how she survivied. but meh i loved it all the same. go-go from kill bill did some evil trout that made me wince. ending was fine, sequel was average at best.

seemed to be lord of the flies without the moral choices. was good though
    i heard you say your future, was looking so grey

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll buy it over the internet...

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

The thing I hated most about the sequel was how there wasn't a single, true villain, like in the first BR with that guy with the katana.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The second sucked compared to the first, yeah
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

isnt there a manga called Battle Royale?
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

yeah its very bloody and horrid