Thread: The mascot dressphere

Default The mascot dressphere

anyone know how to get the mascot dressphere or how many % pointes its worth?

There is a standing arguement about this that has yet to be resolved, but I'm working on it. So, here are the two ways to get the Mascot dress sphere:

1. On your current game, get an Episode Complete in every area except Bevelle.
    2. On your current game, get an Episode Complete in every area.

My personal experience was with the second one. There have been many people (and the only one I believe is eternalshiva) that say the first option works. I can't figure this out. Maybe it has something to do with if you choose New Yevon or the Youth League. When I got the Mascot dress sphere I sided with the Youth League, when eternalshiva got it she sided with New Yevon. But I theorize that it has to do with the number of Episode Completes you get, because there are two in Macalania Forest, the Calm Lands, and Mushroom Rock Road. You cannot get the second one in Mushroom Rock Road without first visiting Bevelle, and if you visit Bevelle in Ch 5 you will get the Episode Complete. So there are 18 Episode Completes you can get. Without going to Bevelle, you can get a total of 16. When I visited Bevelle, I was on my 16th Episode Complete, because I hadn't done the second one for the Calm Lands yet, and I got the Mascot dress sphere. And I believe eternalshiva had done the second one for the Calm Lands when she got the Mascot dress sphere, thus she didn't have to visit Bevelle. So I replaying FFX-2 now, and I am trying to figure this out. Just don't get the Episode Complete in the Zanarkand Ruins last, it's glitch.

Getting the Mascot dress sphere will triger a scene worth about probably 0.2%. It's something, and if you are playing a 100% In One Game game you will need it.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 07-27-2004 at 12:36 AM.

Get "episode complete" for all chapter 5 locations and Brother will give it to you on the airship.
    Round Two. Maybe.

I'm also stuck on this as well.

You must get EPISODE COMPLETE! in every single area of Spira in CH5.
    i.e
    -About The Calm Land :
    start PR mission, do pitching, or lose credits at minigames for points;
    if one of the companies gained 400+ points already, Calm Lands will become HOTSPOT, so simply visit the area for final scenes, in which Tobli is made manager of both companies
    if you were unsuccessful in gaining enough points to bring one company to lv5 before CH5, all is not lost; you can play minigames for the company you're advertising for until you get 400+ points; now go to Celsius and talk to Buddy - Calm lands will become a HOTSPOT and voila.
    -About Guadosalam Area :
    in CH3 make sure you complete the mission on Gagazet where you must defeat Garik in boss battle, So the Guados return to Guadosalam
    with Tromell as their leader in CH5.
    -About Zanarkand :
    Do not leave Zanarkand HOTSPOT for last, clear it out first ASAP!
    -About Mi'ihen Highroad Area :
    in CH5 Chocobo Eater is not the only culprit you can go after if you're
    attempting to get mascot. Nabbing Rikku or Calli will ensure EPCOM for
    Mi'ihen as well. But be careful! If you end up with Rin or Prophet to be
    the responsible party, this causes you to get EPISODE COMPLETE for Mi'ihen, thus screwing you out of mascot.
    Anywho...
    completing Via Infinito, finding Ruin Depths or Fiend Colony dungeon, as well as bridal mission ISN'T required to get this DSP.

Ok thanks. I have one area that is episode concluded thats is Moonflow.
    Last edited by Ellerkerm; 08-09-2004 at 07:14 PM. Reason: I forgot to add something

you have to get episode complete not episode concluded

I have 100% yet i still dont have it?? but now i know how and i will next time around. God damn commsperes.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SeedRankLou
    There is a standing arguement about this that has yet to be resolved, but I'm working on it. So, here are the two ways to get the Mascot dress sphere:

1. On your current game, get an Episode Complete in every area except Bevelle.
    2. On your current game, get an Episode Complete in every area.

My personal experience was with the second one. There have been many people (and the only one I believe is eternalshiva) that say the first option works. I can't figure this out. Maybe it has something to do with if you choose New Yevon or the Youth League. When I got the Mascot dress sphere I sided with the Youth League, when eternalshiva got it she sided with New Yevon. But I theorize that it has to do with the number of Episode Completes you get, because there are two in Macalania Forest, the Calm Lands, and Mushroom Rock Road. You cannot get the second one in Mushroom Rock Road without first visiting Bevelle, and if you visit Bevelle in Ch 5 you will get the Episode Complete. So there are 18 Episode Completes you can get. Without going to Bevelle, you can get a total of 16. When I visited Bevelle, I was on my 16th Episode Complete, because I hadn't done the second one for the Calm Lands yet, and I got the Mascot dress sphere. And I believe eternalshiva had done the second one for the Calm Lands when she got the Mascot dress sphere, thus she didn't have to visit Bevelle. So I replaying FFX-2 now, and I am trying to figure this out. Just don't get the Episode Complete in the Zanarkand Ruins last, it's glitch.

Getting the Mascot dress sphere will triger a scene worth about probably 0.2%. It's something, and if you are playing a 100% In One Game game you will need it.
    Is that a shot? xD

Actually, you are right, it's the second option, I replayed it for argument's sake and I grudgingly discovered I was in the wrong about it. So I've been ignoring the FFX-2 forums xD I don't think who you side with does anything :/ besides get a world of hate.

Yet again, Seed proves to be the better FFX-2 player I'm officially bowing out of this forum *cries*
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalshiva
    Is that a shot? xD

Actually, you are right, it's the second option, I replayed it for argument's sake and I grudgingly discovered I was in the wrong about it. So I've been ignoring the FFX-2 forums xD I don't think who you side with does anything :/ besides get a world of hate.

Yet again, Seed proves to be the better FFX-2 player I'm officially bowing out of this forum *cries*
    eternalshiva, this isn't a contest, you needn't leave on the account of you thinking I'm better than you at something. I probably have more time to play it than you, I don't have a husband or a child. And I have a lot of spare time at work to play on the internet, so I probably have more time to see this site than you. Don't beat yourself up over nothing, and don't leave, some of my funnest times at this site have been talking to you on this forum.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 08-17-2004 at 08:03 AM.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

omg Seed, I was kidding xD I was being dramatic :/ and I figure you would rub it in that I was wrong ... again so I was just being over dramatic ;p lol Sorry for the obvious misunderstanding xD
    Too big.

You caught me at an emotionally sensitive moment. I'm human you know, I have feelings, sadness, abandoment issues... *cough* ...mmm yeah.

And when do I ever rub it in that you're wrong...............recently.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 08-17-2004 at 07:49 PM.

Question.

How do you go about getting Episode Complete in Zanarkand and the Moonflow when trying to get the Mascot? I've tried, but I only come out with Episode concluded. Any help is appreciated.

Wherever the winds take me, that is where I shall go.
    Darkness awaits me.
    Eternal slumber, come.

Zanarkand is easy just talk to machean dont remember moonflow

Zanarkand: (I don't know how much of this is necessary, but here goes)

Ch 1: It's a Hot Spot, so get a Mission Complete for Claim the Treasure Sphere.
    Ch 2-3: Get a Mission Complete for Operation: Monkey. You might also need to speak to Isaaru at least once, if not in both chapters.
    Ch 4: Commspheres in the third phase, but I think they are needed for the Bevelle Episode Complete not this one.
    Ch 5: Just visit and you will get the Episode Complete.

Moonflow: (again, I don't know how much is needed)
    Ch 1: Get a Mission Complete for Shave the Hypello?
    Ch 2: Get a Mission Complete for YRP, the Scalpers Three.
    Ch 3: The only thing to do is speak to Tobli a few times.
    Ch 4: Commspheres. You can watch them in the second and third phase, I don't know how much is necessary. Also get a Mission Complete for Where's Tobli?
    Ch 5: Speak to Tobli and agree to get on the stage with the band and you get an Episode Complete.

Getting an Episode Complete in any area takes doing things in more than one (and usually in all five) chapters. A lot of people miss the Episode Complete because of the commspheres. Watch the damn commspheres for crying out loud people!