Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many people play www.battleon.com ?

I'm at level 56 (again almost a year of playing)

I've decided not to touch it after seen the "hilarious" captions that went with the screenshots. And the fact that it looks terrible. And the bitter tast of the free mmorpg thing that I played a while ago.
    Word/s.

For a flash game it is great!

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Might as well write a short X Play style review for this game.

Ahh... AdventureQuest RPG... Set in a world full of big ape-like rats, dragons, and wasps.

AdventureQuest RPG is... well, you guessed it; a flash RPG. Visually, it's pretty good. You have a wide variety of characters to choose from... Or so you're led to believe. In the beginning, you have a choice of 3 faces, but, later on, for 20 G, you can purchase, yes purchase, new faces from a magician who somehow has the power to give you new faces. The monsters look all right, but the battle animations need a terrible lot of work.

Now let's get on to the iffy part: the actual gameplay. AdventureQuest RPG is more of a click and watch game. You go to your little ape-like rat friend and tell him that you want to go on a quest. After that, you either get into a random battle or you talk to some stranger who has nothing important to say. Either way, you'll get bored to tears. You can also go into town to... well... buy magic or go to the local inn, which is absolutely pointless, since you can get healed by your ape-like rat.

So, since it is an RPG, the battles must be fun, right? No. The magician has lost all of his spells, so you can't use any spells in the beginning. You're forced to constantly use attack on the enemies, which can and will be tedious. Also, it becomes extremely aggravating, seeing as how you usually do less than 8 points of damage in the beginning and how a monster with less than half your HP can kick your ass. What adds to the aggravation is how you are constantly missing your enemies. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't miss every 2 attacks.

Because of the lack of a real story-line and the lack of good gameplay, AdventureQuest RPG can only warrent not a 5, not a 4, not a 3, but a 2.... out of 5. *Shows a clip of the hero dying*
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

About not having magic, go to the freakin shop!!!!

Blog Entries

I'm doing abot 12 dmg each attack now on level 7. Also they said the game isn't finished yet so of course it's not going to be all that great.

With a dragon blade when attacking a dragon I do ove 50 dmg a turn

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

It doesn't change the fact that it's still a tedious game.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

I've played it sort of on and off, whenever I'm bored. Of course, it makes more not bored for.... about 5 mins, then I'm more bored. But, if I go to EoFF and look at new posts, my boredom flies away.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Quote Originally Posted by chu52
    You can't (sadly) but they reappear to the original numbers after you go shopping, to get more the frogzard quest is good and easy (the first one).
    Actually you can find one in the Face Changer's shop on the shelf and you can take it. Als othe furry ape like creatures are called Moglins! I signed on just recently and I am level 33. I bet it would be funner if you were a gaurdian (I'm not). Speaking of bottles of stuff in the Battleon Inn where the paladin is drink the strange bottle where the scary fore sight guy is you shrink to a small size and then you have another survival fight series......thing... It's still fun but not the best it could be.

My equipment
    Weapon: Cursed Scythe
    Armor: Dark Armor (I think it's called that)
    Shield: I think it's called the Gaid Shield (or something)

Stats
    Str: 25
    Dex: 20
    Int: 25
    Charisma: 20
    Luck: 20
    (About the stat trainer are there any that increase your stats more that 5 points.)
    Also my name is Kaytos and my brother plays I think he's level 17 and his name is Armos like in Zelda.

I wish that if you go to the shop they didn't disconnect you from the game and when you come back and you go through the 4500 free player limit you can't play any longer you don't have to worry about this if you are a Gaurdian (lucky b s) oh well.
    Last edited by Ryth; 12-11-2004 at 02:16 AM.

LAME.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I can't take this criticism follow an old rule "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all". Please how about positive things or just the fans talk about it for strategies or the best spells armors and weapons or something!

My younger brother plays this game...

There is no interaction with other members within the game, there is no story at all, the garphics suck and I can't see the GOAL of playing it.

People who play at battleon.com, please think of the GOAL!!! What is the goddamn goal?

You are right there is no goal....... or maybe there is that I haven't found one yet give me a while. Maybe it has something to do with your class like being a paladin might mean you have to protect the innocent and keep the peace of the town basically or if your a Vampire Slayer you have to fight the war going on between the Vamp Slayers and the werewolves (why I dont know) or Dragon Slayer to rid the world of dragons like there was this one immensly evil dragon I don't remember the name of.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I played for an hour about a month and a half ago. Does that count?