Thread: Breath of Fire

Default Breath of Fire

Anybody play this game. I know, I know, it's an FF board, but you gotta talk about the rivals every once and awhile.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Breath of Fire 3 is the best in the series. The 4th one required me to do way too much stuff to have a chance and I didn't like that. 1st one was awesome and the second one I never played.

The thing that was always cool about the third one was you were never out to save the world and in the end you still didn't because nothing was threatening the world.

I have (somewhere) breath of fire 1 on gba but i got stuck on the tower find the key part, yes I know the guy can pick locks but it failed so i don't know, but it was fun and one of only 3 games worth playing on gba (BOF1, Megaman battle network 1 (the only good one) and FF tactics advanced, all of these are rpgs^^) so yeah it is a cool series

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

I own BoF I, II, and III. And I've beaten IV.

All of them were good, but I'd say II and III were the best of the series. I haven't played V, and I've heard mixed things about it.

But BoF is definiately a great series.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I've only played III. Damn good game.

I really think that more people should give Dragon Quarter (BoFV) more of a chance, it's a lot better than people say.

Just because the dragon form is limited, people fail to realise if it was unlimited it would be too cheap BECAUSE IT IS INVINCIBLE.

I mean, come on.

1 was the classic, and I love it, I didn't like the dragon form in 2, 3 was too fetch questy and I never got my hands on 4.

Is BoFIII on GBA?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've played through BOF I, III and IV.

I think III is the best. I like the whole childhood/adult transitions. I also liked the way the villains were motivated by misguided altruism instead of unprincipled evil. The 'SimFairy' subquest was addictive.

In BOF I though, the relatively minor characters of Cerl and Alan stuck with me in a way that the main characters did not. I found their story poignant.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    Is BoFIII on GBA?
    Not yet but I and II are

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Breath of Fire III was on the PSX. I don't think you'll see it on the GBA.

So, you'd recommend Dragon Quarter then, Lindz?

I've been meaning to check it out, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

II is the best. Of course, I haven't played Dragon Quarter yet, but surely it won't be able to top on of my top 5 games of all time.

II had the best characters. Even with the crappy translation, you still couldn't help but love them. Especially Jean. II also had the one of the coolest video game tracks of all time, The Decadence of God.

I'm gonna try and rank them:

II - Masterpiece. My favorite SNES RPG of all time.
    III - Pretty good game. Points off for the Desert of Death.
    I - Good game. The only reason that the original that started it all is in third place is because the other two are so good
    IV - I really don't like this game.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Dragon Quarter takes what makes BoF good and distils it down to it's simplest, purest, best form.

It's basically you start the game, and you have to get to the end. There's intrigue in between, but none of that searching for a gourmet's favourite food to find the man who crossed the ocean. Someone stands in your path? You kill them. You kill lots of people. Anyone who opposes you dies, it's that simple.

You can play the game over and over with a New Game+ system, to get better rankings each time, and better rankings gain you access to new scenes and items, through the SOL system, Scenario Overlay. It's hard to explain, but it's worth playing, plus it's incredibly cheap now, only £19.99 here in England, cheaper second hand. Well worth it.

That and Ryu is one of the snazziest so far.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This series is great. I like III the best.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I've played III, IV and V. III is the best game ever made. The characters are among the most well developed and interesting I've seen, the plot is amazing and the battles were challenging from start to finish. It was literally perfect. IV, I really liked, one of the best games ever, not quite as good as III but I really like Fou-lu, one of the best villains ever. V, I've only played a bit of, cause it's so impossible, but the story's been interesting so far.
    "Explosions can solve anything!"
    Nabeshin, Excel Saga Episode 26 "Going way too far"

Is this signature FINALLY small enough?! (Breathes heavily) I had to shorten it to just ONE personality test result about the size of most signatures here and it was STILL too big! I repeat- (Breathing VERY heavily, murderous gleam in eyes) IS THIS SIGNATURE FINALLY SMALL ENOUGH?! AHHHHHHHHHH! (Clenches fists, eyes glow, aura of energy surrounds me, hair suddenly starts blowing in the wind generated. Hair becomes engulfed in energy and glows gold)