Thread: Create a Creature

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Czanthor
    Alright then...

Vaahl-A very good burrower, Vaahl bury themselves in sand and use the element of surprise to attack their prey. Vaahl have hard-shell like armour on their backs, but this makes them relatively slow. Their underbelly is unprotected, and a major weak point.
    Include the ability to roll into a ball, and they're in.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Done and done.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oonz - A pink squirrel-like vegetarian creature with a single blue horn when grown up, that lives in forests. They are harvested for the medicinal properties of their horns, which subsequently grow back when cut off/removed, so may also be used as pets
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Animals don't get dressed up. Think animal-creatures, not RPG-enemies.
    Ops, sorry. But the other 2?

Okay heres one for prOOt as well

Armadadillow- a giant armadillo with glowing black eyes. Usually yellow in color. Claws in front range from 1-2 feet long. Body usually 3 feet long. It feeds on stray bandits and wanderers in the desert. It is cousin to the vaahl. Like the vaahl it can roll into a ball. Unlike the vaahl, it is protected all over the body and has no week point except the head and butt.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Flyrilla - A Silverback gorilla with the body of a fly for its head & neck, it has wings but cannot fly due to is massive weight.

Rhynurdle - Body of a turtle, head of a Rhino. very calm & docile creature, but if stirred watch out! (if it builds up enough speed)

Cotter - Cat, otter & eagle all in one! commonly kept as a household pet. its got sharp talons, some people choose to clip them as to not damage home & guests!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I love the pictures.

How'd you do those?
    Figaro Castle

(SPOILER)i acutally borrowed them from worth1000, but i coulda easily made them in photoshop. I was just lazy

I don't think this is original, but Fireflies(modified slightly).
    if they are touched, they burst into flame and leave a flame that can't die for at least 2 days(it's not very hot though) one whoever touched it. only races with higher intellegences than let's say... the equivalent of dolphins are effected by it. they have beady red eyes and black bodies. the glow with a "devil may cry" logo red in the mornings only.)
    How disgusting

Czanthors - Small, furry, cat-like creatures with four legs and two tails. Weighs about twice the weight of an ordinary housecat, and is less agile. Easily tamed and domesticated, although feral Czanthors can exist and are said to possess surreal powers.

You can create a slight tension using characters and their tamed Czanthors when they meet feral ones.

Czanthor, you're welcome. You didn't even have to ask.

WingLings-Mythical creatures, most humans have not ever seen any of them, they live in a distant land that hover's over the sea. They are knwon for wisdom, patience, hero's, and ship's that wandred into their territory.

They have wings, they can carry any assortments of weaponry. They fly. They are alike human's body.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez
    Czanthors - Small, furry, cat-like creatures with four legs and two tails. Weighs about twice the weight of an ordinary housecat, and is less agile. Easily tamed and domesticated, although feral Czanthors can exist and are said to possess surreal powers.

You can create a slight tension using characters and their tamed Czanthors when they meet feral ones.

Oooh, in that case...

Mullets - Small, hairy birds that resemble a robin with 3 inch long hair all over. Loved and cherished by all and the "national bird" of the lands.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez

That's fine by me, as long as Czanthors prey on Mullets.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Grell: A jellyfish like creature that isabout 3 feet long from tentecales to head. Feeds on small fish. Very communal creatures. They tend to stay in large groups, each helping the others. Have been known to attack humans if they encounter them and are hungry, but thier poison is not lethal unless in very large doses.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rase; 07-29-2004 at 10:00 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

well I might as well contribute but instead of making up something like the (booming voice) "mighty blaarghds" thats teh pwnz0rz ill contribute something thats a real modern myth.

I cant be bothered to write it myself so Ill copy and paste.
    "sandgoose" (Countries in the Sahara Desert AFRICA): A rather amusing myth, I believe that the sandgoose may have a grain of truth to it. a flightles, goose-like bird said to live in the desert sands and to be completely unafraid of human beings. such a reaction would be expected of an animal which lives on a remote island and has no contact with people, not something in an area where any kind of animal is eaten. the myth goes on to say that the sandgoose can speak in the manner of a human, but I think this is probably due to some form of religious significance given to it by the natives of the region, which would explain it's fearlessness.
    Word/s.