Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harold and Kumar go to WhiteCastle

I know of one next to a mall by my house. xD

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Yes, it's perverted, crass and vulgar but it was also just plain funny. John Cho and Kal Penn made the perfect comic team and they brought a certain charm to the movie that I wasn't expecting. I also loved the bits of social satire scattered throughout the movie and how they dealt with racism in a comical and yet strangely realistic way. I felt intensely proud of John Cho and it was incredibly nice to see him and Kal carry the movie as opposed to seeing them relegated to such background characters as "that Asian guy from American Pie" and "that Indian guy from Van Wilder."

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    I saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Yes, it's perverted, crass and vulgar but it was also just plain funny. John Cho and Kal Penn made the perfect comic team and they brought a certain charm to the movie that I wasn't expecting. I also loved the bits of social satire scattered throughout the movie and how they dealt with racism in a comical and yet strangely realistic way. I felt intensely proud of John Cho and it was incredibly nice to see him and Kal carry the movie as opposed to seeing them relegated to such background characters as "that Asian guy from American Pie" and "that Indian guy from Van Wilder."
    Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

I'll go next weekend. It looks stupid beyond words, but everytime I see the trailer I think "God help me, but I really want to see that."

It's funny, and that's gold coming from me.

So it's not the "boobiez weed fart lolz" movie the previews make it out to be?

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    So it's not the "boobiez weed fart lolz" movie the previews make it out to be?

No it's vulgar, but the comedy is intelligent enough for people who hate stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Banned

Good movie.