Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harold and Kumar go to WhiteCastle

Default Harold and Kumar go to WhiteCastle

I was just wondering about peoples opinions on this movie, it comes out tomorrow.

I'm going to go see it.

It looks sick, twisted, in bad taste, and horribly scripted, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! monty python has been reincarnated!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Yeah I'll prolly see it sometime when I'm bored

I don't know if it'll be up to the level of Monty Python, but it might be worth a look if it has something important to say beyond the vulgarity.

Take care all.

Me and my best Oriental friend are going to see it.

We ARE Harold and Kumar. Except he has better luck with girls than Harold, and I do more drugs than Kumar.

I'd like to see it, all I need to do is turn 17. I'm sure I'll watch it when my friend gets it on DVD.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would like to see it.

Signature by rubah. I think.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I met John Cho (Harold) while he was doing publicity for Better Luck Tomorrow last year and if nothing else, I'll watch the movie just to support him.

And it looks like it'll be a funny movie, it's been getting great reviews, being described as a "smart movie disguised as a stupid one."

Plus, I love the fact that the lead actors are both of Asian decent and yet their ethnicity doesn't determine who they are, or how their characters will act.

Kal Penn (Kumar) described it the best when he said in an interview:

"in reality we don't walk around going, 'I'm going to wake up today as a South Asian actor, I'm going to think about my South Asian identity, and I'm going to eat my South Asian food.' That's not how it is. So it's refreshing to play and be a human being who happens to be South Asian."

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel

And it looks like it'll be a funny movie, it's been getting great reviews, being described as a "smart movie disguised as a stupid one."
    That is why I said : Monty Python has been ressurected!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll see it when my friend Erick buys the DVD. Which he will, because he's a sucker.

This movie look so funny. xD I'm going to go see it next week sometime, if all goes to plan.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I planned to go see the movie. My friend and I went to the theater and we got in and it wasn't until we looked up at the big screens with all the movies and times that we realized it was R. My mother being the rule stickler she was wouldn't even buy a ticket so she could go in with us and then leave.

Aside from that, I plan to see this movie as soon as I can convince my dad to come. He's looking forward to it because during his college years (I'm laughing just saying that) he went on WhiteCastle runs from Blumington to Indianapolis at obscure times for no reason.

Yeah, I'm lookin' forward to it.

this movie looks incredibly unintelligent, and stupid. it also doesnt look like the teenage humor in it is gonna make me laugh. im not going to see this crap. its probably just another peice of crap like jay and silent bob. now THATS a troutty movie.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Man that movie was soooooooooo funny, my friends and i loved every minute of it. In fact i'm going to go see it again!!!

Dont let the fact that ur underage stop u!!! I'm 16 and my friends snuck me into the movie theatre. Man trust me its a good idea!

Contary to popular belief, the movie was actually pretty witty, the humor was vulgar, and dumb. But it all connected in a pretty intelligent way.

Where the crap can i find a White Castle???!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquallandZidane
    Where the crap can i find a White Castle???!!
    i know there is one in new york city, there should be some in the mid west as well.