Thread: Official "Guilty Gear share the love" thread

Default Official "Guilty Gear share the love" thread

It's official, Guilty Gear out does Street Fighter by a hair, a whole freaking hair. Share your love for this gem of all games with it's kickass soundtrack, in depth combat system, and quite possibly the best and most in depth storyline I'd ever heard in a game.

I recently unlocked Robo-Ky in GGX2 and I can never get tired of doing his attacks.

Share the

Street Fighter is still the daddy of 2D beat 'em ups if you ask me.

There's still nothing like doing a triple Dragon Punch on someone and watching there health tumble away.

Never really played much of the Guilty Gear games. Had a few goes but it always felt a little clumsy to me. I didn't like the sound of those instant death moves either. Still looks damn nice though. If only Capcom would make a new SF game with high res sprites like those in Guilty Gear.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mortal Kombat rules.

Ok with MK lets see

Worlds slowest gameplay
    Lame/cheap graphics (looks like two magazine cut outs are pasted on the screen)
    It only hooked people because if you win you get to mutilate your opponent
    Blood was so cheap in that game (you can punch somebody and get blood to fly everywhere)

I have a lot of respect for the Guilty Gear franchise. I will admit that the combat system is incredibly deep and probably the most balanced 2D fighter out there. The graphics are also top notch and set the bar higher for what a 2D fighter should look like (though nobody seems to care... *cough*CAPCOM*cough*PLAYMORE*cough*). That being said, I'll have to also say that I don't really like the game that much. The fighting engine just doesn't sit well with me... perhaps becuase I'm too used to Capcom fighters that lack such depth and balance. I just can't get the hang of roman cancels... and I can't use a lot of the stuff like dusting and perfect guard effectively. The gameplay also seems kinda slow and stilted... once again, probably because I'm used to faster-paced Capcom fighters. I'll probably get GG:Isuka just for the crazy 4-player battle mode... I might even try to sit down and actually learn the battle system, but for now, the initial impression it has put on me as a game that seems too slow and is kinda boring will stay...
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

I don't know where you've been, but Guilty Gear has outdone Street Fighter for quite some time, now.

Regardless, I find GG to be the best 2D fighter Franchise out there.

Despite the fact that I have a lot of nostolgia with Street Fighter, and I essentially grew up with it, Guilty Gear is just that good.

That good.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage
    I don't know where you've been, but Guilty Gear has outdone Street Fighter for quite some time, now.

Regardless, I find GG to be the best 2D fighter Franchise out there.

Despite the fact that I have a lot of nostolgia with Street Fighter, and I essentially grew up with it, Guilty Gear is just that good.

That good.
    Haha... notice how I said that I'm used to Capcom fighters... not that they are better than GG. On a technical level, GG outdoes any Capcom fighter ever made for reasons I stated... most noticeably the fighting engine that relies on more than super combos (the damage reduction system is really nice!). It's just that the game feels a little too sluggish to me, and I don't like it when fighting games feel sluggish...
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Heh, no, no. I was referring to: "It's official, Guilty Gear out does Street Fighter by a hair, a whole freaking hair." In that he's saying it's official now. But, now that I read it over, I guess that my comment doesn't make too much sense. Meh.

Not your post, though. :P

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Olly
    I recently unlocked Robo-Ky in GGX2 and I can never get tired of doing his attacks.
    >>> try to unlock Justice and kliff by finishing all the paths for each character in story mode, Is the easiest way to do it.. also you get the EX (some of them with awesome new moves) and SP modes for each character (not the hidden ones)..
    >>> About the game I agree with you guys. The dust attacks are the best idea ever, you can still hit your oponent even if they are laying on the ground (I`ve never seen that in another 2D fighter), and it really help you to perform those insane aerial combos, the aerial dust is cool too. All the Air dashing, Psych burst, Faultless defense are the most incredible stuff I`ve seen in a 2D fighters.. Instant Kill is great too, you have to risk too much for it (HP and your tension bar) but if you are lucky you instantanly win the round!.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> try to unlock Justice and kliff by finishing all the paths for each character in story mode, Is the easiest way to do it.. also you get the EX (some of them with awesome new moves) and SP modes for each character (not the hidden ones)..
    Actually the easiest way to do that is to beat level 230 on Survival mode, getting all story endings in impossible because Sol's No. 3 ending, you have to beat the first five character without insatant kills under 120 seconds.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I never had problems with Sol endings, have you ever tried the 3rd ending using the Instant kill??, I dont remember had the "No IK" limitation before, and remember you have to get the Dizzy`s 2nd ending (the most difficult of all, in my opinion) first to be able to obtain Sol`s 3rd ending..
    >>> You are right the L230 survival allow you to unlock EX modes and the 3 hidden characters too, but you wont get the SP modes, for that you need to beat L500 or something and that is really hard..
    Last edited by black orb; 08-06-2004 at 03:56 AM.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..