Thread: Boosting...

Default Boosting...

i got a question about boosting. (im an idiot) wenever i boost my gfs with the whole select square thing, the damage my gf does usually goes DOWN! why?

"Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip."
    By Sephiroths Clone

Indeed you must push select and square and tap sqaure many times, only don't tap it when there is a red cross. Cause then your damage goes down. Altough it doesn't go down really cause if your number is 75 it will do the same damage if you don't boost.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Don't get too excited.

Blog Entries

I think your just using GFs against bosses that are strong against that particular element.

Boosting normally jacks up the damage by heaps. The games very generous in terms of your boosting, it let's you get in a few more taps of the square button even when the cross pops up, giving you enough time to stop in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercył
    I think your just using GFs against bosses that are strong against that particular element.
    That would make sense but...

I boosted Shiva and Levithan against a elnoyle who is only immune against earth(not ice and water) and weak vs. wind(i think). Should i just use Pandemona for boosting when i fight a elnoyle?

By Sephiroths Clone

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

You can use anyone for boosting as long as the boss isn't immune to that GF's element. The boosted GF will still do tons of damage, just not as much as they would against someone weak to that element. Just be careful with the red cross. It means "stop pressing the button now or your damage will drop back down to 75 and you'll have injured your thumb for nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    You can use anyone for boosting as long as the boss isn't immune to that GF's element. The boosted GF will still do tons of damage, just not as much as they would against someone weak to that element. Just be careful with the red cross. It means "stop pressing the button now or your damage will drop back down to 75 and you'll have injured your thumb for nothing".

ok. elnoyle isnt immune to ice. but when i boost shiva against it the damage goes down. i know this cause i forgot to boost shiva and the damage was more than the boost.

By Sephiroths Clone

What do you mean, "goes down"?

Are you sure you are boosting and making the number go up, and not falling again (because as someone said, boosting while the number's got a red cross on hit makes it reset)?
    "Best things of life stay for a brief time; worst just don't seem to get the hell off us."
    "I prefer to be called "treasure hunter"." - Locke \ Final Fantasy VI

Quote Originally Posted by Sleipner
    What do you mean, "goes down"?

Are you sure you are boosting and making the number go up, and not falling again (because as someone said, boosting while the number's got a red cross on hit makes it reset)?

i mean the damage of the attack goes down. sorry.

By Sephiroths Clone

Blog Entries

Yes, Siric, but if the number on the boost screen is 75, then you'll do less damage than you would if it was say, 255. You boost by getting that number as high as you can before the animation goes away.

sorry. i firgured it out. i feel like a newb.thanx for putting up with my incompetence and stupidity. :shame: if this could be deleted that would be great.

By Sephiroths Clone

Blog Entries

I think it can be forgiven. The game doesn't tell you at all about boosting and pretty much leaves you to work it out on your own. Also, now you know why the FF8 GFs have such long animations. When you get Eden, you should be able to get 255 (the maximum number) easily.