Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep. III gets a name

Default Star Wars Ep. III gets a name

Revenge of the Sith.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

I would think Fall of the Jedi would have been a better title for the storyline. As the six movies are really Anakin's story.

And I always felt that the title of Return of the Jedi addressed Anakin's return to the good side and not so much the Jedi defeating the Empire.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i dont care about its name, just that it is a good movie and doesnt disapoint. i swear they had better not screw this up. just as long as sumone does a voice over for anakin 2 prevent the actors evil it may well be good.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Yes, yes, apparantly the sixth movie of the Star Wars trilogy...[akward pause]...has recieved a name. 'Revenge of the Sith'. You see, the Sith are a special race o - oh, who gives a ." - Graham Norton

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Something tells me that that movies won't be as good as 1 or 2.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah, I heard this after people got back from Comic Con and forgot about it.

Eh... Lucas is a loon anyway.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i dont think they could make this film worse then ep 1! imagine the suicide rate in cinemas if it was!!!
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, it can't be worse than Episode 1. Episode 2 was good because it had a hot love story, and I'm a girl and a sucker so I liked that. Episode 3 will continue that love story, and therefore will also be worth watching.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It fits. The trilogies of names have a nice theme to them.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    No, it can't be worse than Episode 1. Episode 2 was good because it had a hot love story, and I'm a girl and a sucker so I liked that. Episode 3 will continue that love story, and therefore will also be worth watching.
    Hmm. Did you happen to notice the absolutely Godaweful acting during that love story? Seriously, it would've been just as romantic with two cardboard cutouts and a Stephen Hawking voice doing their lines.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I heard on Leno the other day. He said they're going to use a new, high-tech device in this movie called a script. I feel the same way.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    Hmm. Did you happen to notice the absolutely Godaweful acting during that love story? Seriously, it would've been just as romantic with two cardboard cutouts and a Stephen Hawking voice doing their lines.
    Yeah, I noticed the poor acting through most of the movie. But Natalie Portman is hot. And cardboard cutouts don't have supple lips.

In my opinion episode 2 would've been better if it was just Yoda beating stuff up for 2 hrs.
    Learn form the mistakes,more yoda in episode 3.

Its all in the roll of the dice.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by d20{fx}
    In my opinion episode 2 would've been better if it was just Yoda beating stuff up for 2 hrs.
    Learn form the mistakes,more yoda in episode 3.
    Who da man?

<font size="5"><i>YODA MAN!</i></font>

I don't really think these new movies are really all that bad. No they are not as good as the original movies but it is not in my opinion because of the bad acting, bad storylines, etc.etc.etc, like alot of people seem to think.

In my opinion the one main thing that hurts this new trilogy is that their is no clear cut villian or clear cut evil in which to battle. In the old trilogy you had possibly the best villian ever created for the big screen in which to battle. So you always knew what the objectives and the goals of the movie were (which were to defeat Darth Vader and destroy the empire).

But the new trilogy is much more of a psychological trilogy then the first. The good guys are more or less fighting their own demons within than they are fighting any defined bad guys (which would be great if it was just a book. But is very difficult to put it on a big screen).

You do not have a clear cut goal to accomplish in this new trilogy and therefore many of the scenes within the new movies do not have the same kind of purpose as many of the scenes within the old movies had.

But overall I think they have done a very good job with what they had to work with.

The purpose of the new trilogy isn't to tell a new story. It is just to try to broaden a story that has already been told. So of course if you expect it to be just as good as the old trilogy you are going to be disapointed.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    What the hell? BRING BACK QUI-GONN! ;_;