Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: do i have 2 form a party?

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

hmmm. i,m starting 2 think maybe i should not get this game. i mean i,m not a hermit, i do like socalising. but FF for me has always been a 1 player game.

and wont u have 2 wait 4 your party members 2 come online before u can fight? such problems like that i perceive.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Sometimes that missing job will make it long...but you can either be that missing job or something, just do what you can. Or pick another guy up.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I also used to think when I started this game how it should have more soloing. Now I think it shouldn't. Trust me, once you get into it, you'll enjoy it and wouldnt wanna do it otherwise than partying.

Of course, those who still dont wanna party, should pick beastmaster as advanced job. With beastmaster you can solo all you want getting good exp. You'll have to get to level 30 first, though.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I have a comment about chains. When I began leveling my Elvaan warrior, I was able to chain even matches. This was at around level 3-5. Of course, that may have been because I was soloing, as you should be at earlier levels. Anyways, that's not the point.

and wont u have 2 wait 4 your party members 2 come online before u can fight? such problems like that i perceive.
    I may be reading into this, but it would seem you would believe that once you choose a party, that's what it is for the rest of the game. You'll never have to wait for someone to come online, because you form parties with people who are already online. You just form groups with people who are looking for a group. Really, it's not that difficult.

As far as forming your own parties, you may want to just let some other people invite you into their parties for a while. Forming one can be a scary thing if you're not ready. Let other people start them so you can get an idea of how they form the party. Once you've got a good idea, go right ahead.

One note for starting a party, ask people if they'd like to join before you invite them. It's rude to do otherwise and will piss a lot of people off.

O btw you kno that 45 sec wait i put..i am pretty sure its wrong..it may be at first for newb parties, but as you go up the lvls, it grows less and less and its more of 15 secs...basically you keep exp going and going and going and going...etc.

Its fun to be a party, trust me :P

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

As a level 26 white mage, I can barely survive an assault by an Easy Prey...and if a Too Weak To Be Worthwhile happens to spawn nearby and aggro me, I'm DOGMEAT.

As I discovered to my dismay trying to get the Kazham keys. I managed to get the Giddeus key by myself, but only after I had help with Ghelsba and Palborough.

Well I hear bosses are really tough and stuff in areas and you need teammates to win or you're gonna have to spend a lotta of you're time hitting goblins and rabbits but the best solo job is Red Mage with black magic, white magic, special aliment skills (poison, sleep, silence), and good hand-to-hand combat but Beastmaster is best boring cuz' the monsters do everything for you.
    Last edited by Ryth; 08-14-2004 at 12:00 AM.

As a level 30 whm, I find I can solo undead such as ghouls much more reliably, and that con a much higher rating than standard enemies. Where a decent challenge goblin might leave me on the brink of death, an offensive barrage of Cure III (stronger than the strongest same level nuke) can take down undead with ease. With Protect II, Blink, and Stoneskin, I often win before taking damage at all. If you're a whm with soloing in mind, consider the undead. You won't have competition for them. In many cases, you'll be doing standard levellers a favor - the undead won't be alive to aggro their low hp members.
    Knock yourselves down.

I would say if WHM can stand to fight anything, its undead, like in FF1. So thats pretty cool to me ^^

Best solo job is BeastMaster, you charm targets and use them to fight the other mob, thats the BEST solo job. Next is Red Mage, their spells and melee dont excel in either way, only soso dmg and thats crappy. They can simply outlast their opponents in a 15+minute battle.

Then its Ninja with blink tanking and lots of money for them, then RNG with Shadow Bind or they fight solo worms.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

well i shall become a beast master Black mage and reign in my server without any help...
    * runs out for combat and is decapitated by the first Behemoth*
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Well, all I can say is...good luck. o_o'
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Still at a lot of problems with become a BST/mage of any kind.

You have to be level 30 to do the BST quest. If you wanna have mage as a sub you MUST party. A BLM can dish out the hurt but can't take it and a WHM can't really dish out enough to kill a monster before running out of cures.

I would say that a good number of easy prey monsters (the lowest you can get EXP from) can kick the crap out of my WHM. Even then it's just not viable. Getting 12 EXP for a 10 minute fight when you need 5000 EXP for the next level? It would take you at least a week to gain a level.

Also if you want to have a sub you will need to have a job in it's 30s to solo monsters and get the goods for the subjob quest.

You will NEVER make it above Rank 2 PERIOD!!! You must fight a monster with your level capped at 25 that you can do only mildly well with 6 people... It would be impossible to solo.

I can go on for quite a while explaining how impossible it would be to solo but there's no need.

Yes all of the others FFs have been first player. I was a little afraid of this too and I've completed them all. But once you start playing it will not be an issue. You will learn to love partying. You probably will enjoy it enough that you decide not to be a beastmaster after all.

yeah, this game is definitely not designed with soling in mind, but SE should really tweak it a little bit... I mean if something comes up as 'Easy Prey with low defense and evasion' it should be a cakewalk, not a 10 minute life or death struggle lol. I do have to disagree with one statement though:

You will NEVER make it above Rank 2 PERIOD!!! You must fight a monster with your level capped at 25 that you can do only mildly well with 6 people... It would be impossible to solo.
    I have heard tale of DRG/WHM soloing the dragon before, so I think it can be done. I have also done it with a party that was capped as follows: 20/10 THF/NIN (me), 20/10 RDM/BLM (ls member), and 20/10 DRG/MNK (some guy we picked up).

3 members, and we wasted the dragon battle easily. We would have had a full PT, but everyone else was R2 and not on this portion of the mission. Of course the LS mate didn't know we needed them higher rank or on the same mission, and the BRD we had kept claining he had his RDM at lvl 70, even though his gear was sub-par, and he was R2. Long story short 3 made it in, 3 stayed outside, and we kicked some dragon butt as a gimped party... are what great stories are made of

I hope SE changes the way Mobs con to you as a character though, I'm tired of thinking I can kill a goblin that is easy with my WHM only to die ><

Go to www.ffxionline.com and d/l one of ping's music vids, he soloed the Dragon as a DRK/WHM taru...the Dragon is a total pushover if you know what your doing.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Anyone worried about parties in this game should hear this story that just happened to me. I was running a mission in an area I'd never been to before, and was a little confused about what to do next. So I asked the first guy I happened across, and not only did he show me what to do, he even showed me how to get back. He had no incentive for this, he was just a nice guy. I've never encountered rudeness, just lots and lots of l337spe4k. Also, because I'm new to the game, I ask a lot of questions, and I get those questions answered. This is one reason why I like parties. The game is so vast that it actually helps to have other people around so you can know where you're going and what you're doing.