Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do i have 2 form a party?

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Default do i have 2 form a party?

i just read the topic on how annoying party members can be.

i certainly dont want assholes grilling me and calling me a noob when i first start playing on september 21st.

and i certainly dont want ppl who cant play to risk killing me and lving me down.

so my question is, how hard is the game if i dont join a group?

i,m naturally a loner and would prefer 2 just be a rogue ninja/mage Shadow type character. of course it may take years 2 reach the highest levels but i certainly dont want 2 be a hinderance 2 anyone in the early days or have liabilitys when i become experienced.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Pass lvl 10 your ability to solo diminishes with each lvl onward til soloing is not a viable option at all. Partying is a MUST, and it is stressed in this game. If you dont want to party, lvl up a job to 30 and learn to play Beastmaster, thats the only soloable job from lvl 1-75 for the most part.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Agreed... you have to PT. Even if you want to solo as a Beastmaster you will have to start by getting to lvl 30 in PTs before you can do the quest to become one. You just have to learn to get along with people. I am also a loner and the concept of PTing was scary to me but I enjoy it now.

As far as the dying thing goes... you will just kinda have to learn to judge the quality of PTs you join and know when you should leave. I've learned that the hard way a lot by trying to stay loyal to an incompetant PT. If you think the PT poses a risk to you then leave and find another. I've had to do it a lot lately.

Plus you will just have to slowly adjust and be careful. If you can find someone nice and helpful to start you off with the basics you will not have to deal with the others calling you a noob. But it happens.... people are rude and mean. Instead of sending a /tell directly to you they will shout it to everyone and make sure your ridicule is public... For example.... a friend of mine was setting a macro (shortcut key for something) and forgot to put the tag line he was to say with his attack into PT mode only. So every time he said it everyone in the area heard it. Finally some meany started shouting so that even more people could hear that he was a noob and needs to learn to set his macros. She spammed it several times while he was in the middle of a fight. It's just not nice.

But hey... if you happen to land in Fenrir then look me up and I'll help you out. There is no need for all of that. Just slowly learn what little things piss people off and don't do them.

thanks alot. i hope i get dropped in the same server as u sum of these ppl sound riduclously scary. i would not be surprised if there was sum online bullying.

is there like any general rules/etiquette that is advisable 4 me 2 follow 2 get along better with ppl when i first join?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

I think this is the most important one out of all i can think of at the moment...DONT BEG FOR GIL! >< Ask how to get gil, but dont beg for it.

Come to our Midgard server

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

dont worry, i,d never beg 4 anything, would rather die and lose exp.

is there anyway 2 pick a server or r u just randomly put in one of thousands?

Random, you can ask for someone already in the server you want to go in, and ask them to buy a World Pass (with gil) in their server, the cost of the World Pass is dependant on server population. You insert it when the character creation process says World: and you press enter, spell your server name, and then enter your pass. The world pass enters up to 5 ppl at once, and expires in a week after it is bought.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

looks like it will come 2 the FF gods. Hopefully my server will have sum EoFF ppl i know and wont be full of annoying casual gamers

you could play solo til level 20, if someone powerlevels you along the way
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

As others has stated, partying is a must in this game. Don't worry, I was kinda "scared" of it first, but you'll learn it fairly quickly. dont be afraid to tell your party members if you don't know something, don't be afraid to ask them questions - afterall, they've all had to learn it that way and they've been in same position. Besides, 90% of people are nice in this game.

I myself couldn't imagine just soloing; it's just so boring. Even waiting for invitation flag up is more fun than soloing.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

on the Garuda server, about 60% of people are nice, if you end up on Garuda, I'll feel sorry for you
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Blog Entries

Just one qustion... why is a party all that necessary? Why can't you solo?

Once you get to level 8 it starts to get hard for any charcter except for maybe Monk. Thats when you want to party, plus this is a game about teamwork and such. Blah blah blah you get the idea. It's just more fun when you get a party. Weather your pulling, nuking, a tank, or the healer. It's always a good feeling.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Just one qustion... why is a party all that necessary? Why can't you solo?
    Parties fit together, the mages won't be touched because of the tank and the tank won't die because of the mages... Well, atleast in a good party that is true.

Because later on Decent Challenge mosnters dont seem to be decent anymore, and they get harder and harder, soon you wont be able to take em on before dying. And if you do win, you wont get as much exp as a normal exp party. You can kill Decent for 50 exp and it would be lets say 7000 til the next lvl...and thats alot of Decents and near deaths since thats hard as you lvl up beyond lvl 10. In a party you can fight Very and Incredibly Tough enemies and if all goes right you can have up to 175-200 on non-chains(chain=you fight another monster within a certain ammount of time and beat it in a certain ammount right after another, has to be Tough or higher lvl to be chainable) and then up to 210-300exp on all chains.

So its like:

Solo: 50 exp....rest(long time)....repeat. If you die it takes longer to get exp back. Plus if i dare solo any Decent Challenge at my lvl 50, i would be creamed.

Party: (assuming same mob and toughness all the way) 175exp...finish fight...45 secs later...200 exp...then 232 exp(chain #2)...250exp...then 275 exp...then if you got an exceptional party...300 exp (chain #5). Rest a little bit...then repeat.

Everything is just faster that way. This game is BUILT for partying...no way around it unless BST..and its slow too.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3