Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Name that (insert landform)!

Well, Ocean 1 can be called the Verial Ocean, I guess.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Sea 4 / Sea 5 - If one of these seas is known for having a peaceful climate, they can be called "The Still Waters". Sea 5 would be most likely to have such a climate to be called that. The other sea can be called the "Sea of Ursprung", and can have a history around it that the gods of Eizon birthed the land and its people from rare minerals found deep within its waters. Or something like that. Connecting it to Sacerestus Peak would be pretty solid.

Ocean 3 - The Adnexus Ocean. (Latin for "connecting" ocean - haha, connects the sides of the world!)

If my neighboring country men concur, then let those be the names for those waters.

Just a question I realized - I'll post it in the Misc thread. Do we know the shape of the world? If so, is this a Mercator-projected map? If so, then it should be noted that areas near the poles in Mercator-projections are distorted to be far larger than they actually are. (Ever see those maps where Greenland is three times as big as Australia? Yeah, that's what happens.)

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: The forest outside of Vincentland will be called Riador...

Rubedo: I have Vincent's consent...

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would like to call the island marked 1 "Ceterria" and the island marked 2 "Wheat Island."

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions

chaos: Alright, the Mountains beside Vincentland will be called Maedor Mountains.

Rubedo: Once again, I have Vincent's consent.

The mountain range within my region shall be called the "Atrouti". Within the Atrouti are four peaks:

Tranquil Hill - The lowest peak, though still so several thousand feet above sea level, one can climb to the top without much need of aid as the slopes are not too steep. This is located at the most northern part of the Atrouti Range.

Szare` and Vocuto - The Twin peaks of the Atrouti, named to represent two lovers of ancient lore who are destined to be apart, yet still within sight of one another. Legend has it that the gap between the peaks is closing every year and that sometime soon, they will reunite. They are located at the southern end of the Atrouti mountains.

Rivertop - The highest peak, given that name because it appears to reach so high into the air that it almost disappears into the sky, as an object would disappear into a river if dipped into it. Located right in the center of the Atrouti.

I believe there are also a few forests in my region, so I'll get to naming that soon. I promise, that once my art programs are functioning, maps will be provided.

Take care all.

Blog Entries

Mountain in the north west in Desierto is called Mt. Geworpen Goden.
    Last edited by escobert; 08-17-2004 at 09:54 PM.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions

Awright. Since Proto INSISTS.....

The mountain just East of Aurum (Which is now on the west coast of Region 9) is now known as Thundergod's Peak.

The inlet west of Ferris is Leviathan's Cove. Occasionally, the sea serpent is rumored to be seen there. Is it a rumor, or fact...?

Also, I'd like to know what bodies of water are named. And if we can "add" lakes, and whatnot, as fresh water may be nice.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If possible, I'd like to name the mountain range in my area the Stokern mountain range, and the forest, if they can be named, the Inart Forest.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions

Ohohohohoh! The portion of ocean to the West of Myst is the Lionheart Ocean, and the sea to the Noth is Mystexanian Sea.

AND IT'S LEVIATHAN'S COVE! Not GROVE!

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Could the ringed mountain in the attatchment be named the 'Allein Berg' (Alone Mountain)? It seems rather out of place where it is, and so I think that the name would be quite fitting.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.