Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: why is sephiroth still...? [spoilers]

Default why is sephiroth still...? [spoilers]

if sephiroth died in ff7 how is he alive in ff7 advent children?
    Yo gonna die honky :chop: :chop: :chop: :chop:

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Bear in mind that he may only be appearing in flashbacks.

If he appears after the events of the game then he could be:

(SPOILER)
    1) Jenova in disguise.

2) A clone.

3) A figment of Cloud's imagination.

4) Resurrected.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You may wanna mark your spoilers.

Anyway, it isnt shown what capacity he appears in. He could be just in flashbacks, or somehow have survived what happened at the Northen Crater (lame, but possible).

And those three silver haired guys are not Sephiroth, just as a heads up.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*Changes thread title to avoid spoiling stuff*

Some early announcements about Advent Children said that the "Sephiroth lookalike" was connected to him, but not actually him personally.

Also, some of the publicity pictures strongly indicate that he'll appear in flashbacks, as Ashley and BG-57 have said. There's one photo which seems to show the famous "walking into the fires" scene...

this is one of those times where waiting to watch the film is the best bet.

That pansy is a clone of Seph. And it is possible for Seph to live, think freeza from dbz.

Default Who Is That person in the chair ?

What I´m Waiting for is the mistery of the chair person covered, I´m star thinkin about a mutant Genova , or... oh god, Do They Bring Aeris To life !!?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder
    What I´m Waiting for is the mistery of the chair person covered, I´m star thinkin about a mutant Genova , or... oh god, Do They Bring Aeris To life !!?
    I actually think the "chair person" is Sephiroth.

me too and also when i watched the trailer over i saw the wheelchair person was missing its right arm. safer sephiroths right arm is all wacko and his left arm is normal

Default Sephiroth ... Why he covers his face ?

I Think It´s too obvious think that the wheelchair "thing" is sephiroth, That strange gray-hair guy kneel down is the clearest clue, but, thats all ?, that´s all the mistery with this character ?, I would laugh and feel dissapointed if in the movie he jump from the chair and says " I´m Sephiroth !", I´m just hoping the Storyline give him the credit he deserves, but please " put something unexpected on that wheelchair !. Sephiroth was killed so many times in the game that i would be surprise if he appears alive , his soul and his body were killed , what dou you want !, well, I´ve been thinkin about a horrible deformed shephiroth sitting in that chair, that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Wilder; 08-05-2004 at 08:24 PM.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As much as I hate it, and as much as I think it's a lame idea, it probably is sephiroth in the wheelchair. I don't think they would make this movie without him. Yes, we know that the baddies are the three shm, but they're obviously working for someone bigger, and who else could he be. Although I don't think SE would go to the trouble of keeping the identity a huge secret if it was only Sephiroth...*shrug*. I'm happy just waiting and seeing it when it comes out. If it is him, I'll be pissed, buy I'm sure that SE will bring him back in a way that isn't ultra cheesy.

--Box Box Box Box

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I hope SE isn't stupid enough to make the guy in the wheel chair Sephiroth. There would be no possible way that his body could be recovered in anyway after what we saw happen to him at the end of the game.

The three guys, who one would think are clones, Yazuu, Loz and Kadaj, will hopefully be the only baddies. I believe in the translations of one of the trailers that I have it said that "they" (most likely the Yazuu, Loz and Kadaj) have recovered JENOVA's head. I don't quite know how this is possible, as I thought JENOVA Synthesis was JENOVA's head.

If that is indeed correct, then if they could recover her head after that, it is quite plausible that they could recover Sephiroth as well.

I think lankster is right. We won't find the answer to this until FFVII:AC is out, so all we can really do is wait.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 08-23-2004 at 07:31 PM.

Well I think it is flashbacks and ther is a guy (SPOILER)who looks like Sephiroth but he isn't he is the leader of the Silver Hair Gang (retarded name) and I guess he is the main emeny of Advent Childern that's my opinion.

Blog Entries

It's pretty widely accepted now that the 'silver hair guys' are Sephiroth clones, I think it was as good as stated by Square at some point.

There was a good post on adventchildren.net (pinned, I believe) breaking down the theories supporting various characters being in the wheelchair and Rufus was the strongest of the theories. It mentions such things as:

Freeze frames from the FMV of his office being blasted by Weapon show his figure with his arm either missing or pointing directly at the blast, tying in with the seemingly missing arm. His reflection on the desk shows him falling, most likely just injured from the force of the blast and not vaporised or anything like that.

It's never actually proven or stated in-game that Rufus is dead, it's simply presumed / hinted-at. However he'd probably be badly burned and still recovering.

His shoes are apparently very similar (though I thought they looked so simple anyway it's impossible to tell)

Square have shown a scan of the clones sitting on vehicles on top of the Shinra logo and said that the logo is no coincidence.

The Shinra tower where Rufus was is still standing in the scans, so it wasn't completely destroyed.

Something about his coat being white and his collar showing in a certain way (or that might've been support for the Hojo theory which is the next strongest and they both wear white)

Rufus, as like a secondary villain in the game (just after Sephiroth and Jenova) and with his greed, manipulation skills and general 'rufusness' would be a logical target for Jenova to take over now that her first 'puppet' (Sephiroth) is dead and Cloud is probably no longer succeptible. It wouldn't take much for the pair to promise things to the clones such as immortality or bringing their 'big brother' (Sephiroth) back to life, causing them to kinda 'worship' him, in exchange for their co-operation in reuniting Jenova.

etc...
    Last edited by Cloudane; 08-13-2004 at 10:03 PM.

what I want to know is will this movie mean a sequal to FFVII or what? because why did they suddenly decide to make a movie for FFVII and not for VIII (or maybe they will make one in the future for VIII)