Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Xenosaga Episode II...

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Default Your thoughts on Xenosaga Episode II...

From what we have seen so far from the trailers/gameplay movies/commercials/screenshots/whatever, what do you think Xenosaga Episode II will be like? From what I have seen from (SPOILER)Jin and Margulis having a Swordfight on a rainy buildingtop at night to (SPOILER)Rubedo and his group shooting at Gears chasing them in a car that it is going to be marvelous.

What do you guys think? Will it be a failure, or possibly one of the best games ever made?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't watched any trailers. I've seen a few screenshots, though. I didn't highlight what you spoilered because I want to go into this as a sort of virgin experience, y'know.

I loved it. secretsI hated the Miltia flashback 14 years ago. I dunno why.. The chase sceen in where the E.S.es are chasing MOMO and she's driving was great, the dungeon type thing after that was great too. The graphics were better. I love the new Shion. But the hands are still rectangles. <3 Music is better. Let me say that again. Music is better. Music is better. Music is better!!! Thank god too. There was hardly any music in #1. >_>

secretsEww. I just remembered the part where KOS-MOS kills Cathe and Cecily(Feb's sisters) when they were on life supports(they're arms and legs looked blown off already). Shion was crying the whole time. It was sad and gross too...

EDIT: Rubedo, this isn't XenoGears. They're not 'Gears,' they're E.Ses or AMWS.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, I'm really, really, really happy that the music is improved. There were only like 5 tracks that played over and over again, with the exception of a few orchestral pieces that played only played during a cutscene.

One question is...do the gears/AGWS/whatever not suck this time around? Like...can you walk around in them and be in them before battle? And actually be able to use them in battle without having to wait forever between turns?

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Let's pray there's boss music this time around.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Contributions

Sorry, I always get Xenogears mixed up with Xenosaga. Gears>AGWS...

Anyways, I figured that (SPOILER)KOSMOS killed Febronia and her kids when Shion had that flashack.That's why I really hate her. And man, U-DO is eeevil. Did you see him eliminate that whole planet, then ingulf thousands of airships in one fiery blast?

I think it will be a big success, and have a rivalry against FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    One question is...do the gears/AGWS/whatever not suck this time around? Like...can you walk around in them and be in them before battle? And actually be able to use them in battle without having to wait forever between turns?
    Yeah, they're improved. They have they pros and cons. Like, they don't walk fast on screen, you can't go in them in battle, they have 10,000 - 20,000 HP and only MOMO can use Ether in her E.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw
    Let's pray there's boss music this time around.
    There is. But there's no Final Boss music...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubedo
    Anyways, I figured that (SPOILER) KOSMOS killed Febronia and her kids when Shion had that flashack.
    No, you have it all wrong. (SPOILER)Feb's sisters got deformed because of all the fuss for the Zohar(they got stuck in a war[?]) and their arms and legs were blown off and they're on life support. KOS-MOS tries to kill them, Shion says no, Feb comes and says it's alright, Shion cries, KOS-MOS kills, Shion doesn't stop crying.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm too afraid to look at all the spoilers, but they're calling to me.

I'm looking forward to it. From the trailer I've seen it looks awesome, and I loved the first one. I should finish my second go through of Der Wille zur Macht and get that file completed for Episode II.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triple T
    There is. But there's no Final Boss music...
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!

Something is a seriously wrong with that. The GREATEST part of a final battle (besides the last boss' HP) is looking forward to how awesome you know the final battle track is going to sound. Often times the final boss track and the title theme are the coolest tracks in a game. They're just going to cut one out just like that?

Are they going to deny me a final boss track? What sick minds are making this game? They're going to pull a Lufia 2 on me and not give me my final boss music? Christopher Walken has gotta have his cowbell, and I gotta have my last boss music. Obviously me and this here Episode II are starting off on the wrong foot.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Contributions

Something is a seriously wrong with that. The GREATEST part of a final battle (besides the last boss' HP) is looking forward to how awesome you know the final battle track is going to sound. Often times the final boss track and the title theme are the coolest tracks in a game. They're just going to cut one out just like that?

Are they going to deny me a final boss track? What sick minds are making this game? They're going to pull a Lufia 2 on me and not give me my final boss music? Christopher Walken has gotta have his cowbell, and I gotta have my last boss music. Obviously me and this here Episode II are starting off on the wrong foot.
    chaos: It's a lie... it has to be a lie! My existance depends on it! Gosh! I must admit, I loved Xenosaga: The Will to Power's Final Boss Music, it felt so powerful, and now Namco and Monolith Soft are going to rob me of it?! Grrr... They had better add it in the North American version... or else... Oh, and if it is a very powerful, and amazing final boss like Albedo, or U-DO, and they don't have a final boss music, you bet that I am going to run over to them, and show them no mercy!

Rubedo: ALLLLLLLBEEEEDDDOOOOO!

Well, with Xenosaga you can have a Boss battle theme or a Fianl boss battle theme, but not at the same time.

amazing final boss like Albedo, or U-DO, and they don't have a final boss music, you bet that I am going to run over to them, and show them no mercy!
    (SPOILER)The final boss is, in a way, Albedo but I wouldn't actually say that... The Ormus(AKA The Pope) is the last hard battle you face and has two parts: an easy one and a hard one. The hard one is near impossible without the right ether and skills. And Albedo is faced by Jr. alone. But he's easy, I just survived with 1 HP(but I had a skill that kept me at 1 HP ). Albedo then becomes mortal and becomes the White Testemant(Like Kevin is the red one, Virgil is the blue/purple one and Umm, well I forgot his name, but he killed Ziggy's son and wife is the black one).

Contributions

chaos: Yay! Now I have spoiled more of XS! Hahaha! Anyhoo, I have heard rumours that the guy in black is someone similar to (SPOILER)Joachim Mizrahi. Ziggy's son is someone from Xenogears right? Fei? Or who?

Rubedo: Well I'm glad Albedo becomes a cloaked person, rather than a dead man. Is Ep.3 only going to have chaos and KOS-MOS? 'Cause that would be horrible...

Anyhoo, I have heard rumours that the guy in black is someone similar to (SPOILER)Joachim Mizrahi. Ziggy's son is someone from Xenogears right? Fei? Or who?
    It's possible that Voyager(That's his name!! xD) is realted to Joachim. But then again, maybe not.

Rubedo: Well I'm glad Albedo becomes a cloaked person, rather than a dead man. Is Ep.3 only going to have chaos and KOS-MOS? 'Cause that would be horrible...
    Episode 3 is going to revolve around Shion, KOS-MOS and Allen and will be the end for all the current playable characters.
    (SPOILER)At the end of Episode 2, Shion and KOS-MOS go to live somewhere peacefully, while Jin, chaos and Rubedo go to seaqrch for the Zohar. Ziggy, MOMO and Juli went to live peacefully too. And chaos's name was revealed too, if you care.

Contributions

chaos: Okay, I got a batch of questions...

What is chaos' real name?

Will we hear from the other characters ever again?

Is chaos somehow related to Wilheim?

Does Shion find out about the testaments (Kevin)?

Albedo isn't a tragic villain is he?

Does anyone die?

Rubedo: I am eagerly expecting the answers to those questions...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah, does Jin make an appearance - or, better yet, have a major role in episode 2?

Because, if I'm thinking correctly, (XG spoiler) (SPOILER)wasn't Jin Uzuki Citan's real Solarian name?